Sponsorships

Psyence
10+ year member

Customized
Canada
Anyone know what is required to have your vehicle turned into a demo vehicle? I have a 2001 Ford Sport Trac, and I wouldnt mind letting people plaster it with logos and **** as long as I got a phat system out of it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Anyone know what is required to have your vehicle turned into a demo vehicle? I have a 2001 Ford Sport Trac, and I wouldnt mind letting people plaster it with logos and **** as long as I got a phat system out of it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Hmm, you are stuck if thats what you want out of it... You have to already obtain the system to be sponsored. If it was the way you are saying, everyone and their grandmother would have decals on their cars with awesome systems. If you are curious of what it takes to be sponsored, go to competitions and ask people, email audio companies, and so on. That what I have done but Im not willing to make my truck a billboard on wheels.

Most sponsorships are earned by either proven competitors, or owners / employees of the sponsoring company. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I have been sponsered so to speak through a stereo shop. I have been talked to by a couple different mtx reps about my car when I had the all mtx setup in my car. I Did however at the time get alot of my car audio at dealers cost. I had a total of 5000 grand in my car and only paid about 2800 for it all. It eventually all got stolen but It was nice well it lasted. Only sticker I had to put on was the stereo shops. I guess it was more of a demo vechiele than anthing. I hate putting a bunch of stickers on my car. Now if it was through MTX, I probably would have to plaster there logo all over my car. Ewww!

Like everyone else said....you have to buy your system and then go to every show possible so manufactures can see that you have what it takes to be sponsored in the first place.

Once sponsored you have to comply with their requirements and rules; this will involve lots of traveling all over the place when the manufacturer is going to have a show or be part of one.

Most of the times traveling fees are paid by them, but it has to come out of your pockets first and then you get reimbursed by them.

You have to haul your car all over town and even country to show their products (this kind of makes you their slave) sort of speak.

Some of the rules are do-able but some are just retarded.

A friend of mine was telling me that if you were to blow up lets say your electrical system due to lack of maintenance (this is one of the requirements) the company was not liable. Damage due to improper use of equipment also does not make them liable.

The list goes on. I mean big companies even have a food and drink clause where you are not allowed to have food in your vehicle at all times.

Anyhow if you want to get sponsor by any of the big companies you have a lot of work to do. Oh by the way when signing a contract with any manufacturer make sure you have an attorney look after it. My friend saw a guy once loose his vehicle to a manufacturer because he did not abide to the manufacturer’s rules.

sometimes your sponsorship is for a year after that they either take the stuff back or you buy it, most of the time you have to run it for a full year at least and a solid resume is needed reguardless. to do what is required by most the travel expense/time makes up for the money saved .

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Psyence

10+ year member
Customized
Psyence
Canada
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date