SQ of HU with screens

wErd
5,000+ posts

Maker of All Good Threads
usa
i have a eclipse 8443 right now and i really enjoy the way it sounds. But now im tossing around the idea of replacing it with a flipout. Do flipouts generally have good SQ? i wouldnt be buying anything top of the line.. what would be some good sounding yet cheap flipouts? and is it hard to hook up a PS2 to one?

from what i've read/heard around hear they are no where near the capabilities of a regular h/u. They are more oriented towards video than audio

but i could be wrong...that is just what i heard...aka...hearsay

I've gone through quite a few head units until I installed a Clarion in dash. I was kind of skepitical at first regarding the SQ issue but I've remained quite impressed thus far //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I guess it really depends on the rest of your system.

I've gone through quite a few head units until I installed a Clarion in dash. I was kind of skepitical at first regarding the SQ issue but I've remained quite impressed thus far //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I guess it really depends on the rest of your system.
a friend of mine replaced his 9835 with a clarion flip out and right off the bat SQ wasnt near what it was with the alpine. but when you get into the higher end eclipse/alpines, i dont know what happens. i have heard some that sound decent, but not really great.

I noticed a improvement of SQ with my Clarion after i upgraded from an older alpine, but then again the old deck was from 2002, so of course it would be a upgrade. In another week or 2 i will be making a review for my flip out.

Mike

my Pioneer flip out had pretty much all the features (SQ wise, high voltage preouts, Burr-Brown) as the high end ones, I'm sure it varies from deck to deck though. I think the AVH-P5700DVD would be a good, cheap flip out. Then again, I'm very biased towards Pioneer:)

my Pioneer flip out had pretty much all the features (SQ wise, high voltage preouts, Burr-Brown) as the high end ones, I'm sure it varies from deck to deck though. I think the AVH-P5700DVD would be a good, cheap flip out. Then again, I'm very biased towards Pioneer:)
i heard i think, might be wrong on this, the AVIC-N2 correct me if that number is wrong, but you get the point, and it sounded really good with diamond D9 highs/mids, and zapco amps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.