SSA battery terminals

DFW40
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
I bought these and they are bolt down style and worked perfectly with the XS Power D3100 and the screws and washers that came with it. They have 4 1/0 gauge inputs. I also bought a pair that has 6 inputs and I am using those in the rear as pos/neg distribution blocks. I highly recommend these they are very well made and are good space savers.View attachment 26550428

nothing appears to be secured or protected from physical damage. all fuse blocks should be securely mounted, all wiring protected in wire loom, and all wiring secured independent of the connection. what good are the fancy battery terminals if the wiring is haphazard?

not trying to beat on you but before you share pictures of something you should spend the time making the installation look decent.

nothing appears to be secured or protected from physical damage. all fuse blocks should be securely mounted, all wiring protected in wire loom, and all wiring secured independent of the connection. what good are the fancy battery terminals if the wiring is haphazard?
not trying to beat on you but before you share pictures of something you should spend the time making the installation look decent.
I was trying to show the terminals before I had them and all the cables loomed lol. I am aware that it all should be secured and loomed and away from moving parts, my hood was open in the pic should I close it. The post was to show that these were a good affordable option for those interested. Maybe you were not trying to beat on me but posts like yours keep people from posting pics and asking questions.

There's not a "Need" to put the cables in loom, but it certainly doesn't hurt. It is quite expensive to get quality loom (Techflex).

As for fuse blocks, do you have any suggestions on where to mount them? I have my 2 right now tucked away safely since I wasn't sure of a good method of securing them. I plan on doing 2 or 3 runs (and 2/3 fuse holders) of 0 Gauge CCA here in the next several months and need ideas on how to mount them.

It depends on your car of course but try to find a location that is somewhat solid and does not get too hot. Make sure you plan ahead and have enough cable slack and cable flex to get them where you want. You could take a mdf board and spray it with bedliner and find a place to secure the board to or any part of the car where you can use some quality wire ties could work. As long as it does not have massive wiggle room or flop on over into a moving part you should be ok. I like to type in Big 3 or something like that to google and look to see what other ppl have done. I agree with the loom especially when it goes from the battery to the firewall if it is safe and tucked away loom is not necessary but routing in and around the engine and very hot parts. I have a Sequoia and looks like you have a Tundra so you should have plenty of room to make it work. I have a singer Alt being made as well I believe it is 320 amp model that should be ready pretty soon. Good luck and post some pics

There's not a "Need" to put the cables in loom, but it certainly doesn't hurt. It is quite expensive to get quality loom (Techflex).
As for fuse blocks, do you have any suggestions on where to mount them? I have my 2 right now tucked away safely since I wasn't sure of a good method of securing them. I plan on doing 2 or 3 runs (and 2/3 fuse holders) of 0 Gauge CCA here in the next several months and need ideas on how to mount them.
a metal bracket can easily be made to provide a mounting point for fuse holders.

big3wiring018.jpg

big3wiring019.jpg

big3wiring031.jpg

two could be stacked so the bottom one is upside down and both are bolted together through the mount.

i've also bolted fuse holders to the battery hold down bracket

accordbattery004.jpg

both installs above use dual post batteries (top and side) so the stock wiring can remain on the top and additional wiring is added to the sides.

I was trying to show the terminals before I had them and all the cables loomed lol. I am aware that it all should be secured and loomed and away from moving parts, my hood was open in the pic should I close it. The post was to show that these were a good affordable option for those interested. Maybe you were not trying to beat on me but posts like yours keep people from posting pics and asking questions.
i normally don't chime in on things unless i think they are unsafe and put the vehicle at risk. that wiring is subject to damage which would cause shorts which could kill the battery/charging system and result in the vehicle losing power - if that happens while driving on a busy interstate, the results could be deadly.

it is important to not post pics that show wiring methods that are unsafe (unless expressly noting the wiring was not yet routed/secured). we don't want people seeing that photo and thinking it's an acceptable final product.

i didn't give you a hard time about using red wiring for ground - which should also be avoided. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

fuse holders should be securely mounted before any wiring connections are made, so it's not an after thought.

i normally don't chime in on things unless i think they are unsafe and put the vehicle at risk. that wiring is subject to damage which would cause shorts which could kill the battery/charging system and result in the vehicle losing power - if that happens while driving on a busy interstate, the results could be deadly.
it is important to not post pics that show wiring methods that are unsafe (unless expressly noting the wiring was not yet routed/secured). we don't want people seeing that photo and thinking it's an acceptable final product.

i didn't give you a hard time about using red wiring for ground - which should also be avoided. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

fuse holders should be securely mounted before any wiring connections are made, so it's not an after thought.
Well hopefully people would realize that I was not finished but you never know and of course I understand why cables and terminals and fuses need to be covered and secured. As far as the cable color I was going to use different colored looms since once the cables are covered you no longer can see the cable color so the loom color should be different. Your post just came across in a condescending manner and very assumptive.

So zip tieing the power wire to the ground post is good? Over time thats going to wear through an cause a problem!
It might eventually but will probably be good for a while. Checking the cables and their security is something I try to do every month or so. If you guys are like me I am always changing things and screwing around with it lol.

It might eventually but will probably be good for a while. Checking the cables and their security is something I try to do every month or so. If you guys are like me I am always changing things and screwing around with it lol.
that wasnt directed at you lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.