Stainless steel wire and fish hooks. Thief catcher.

Lurius
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
My father lived in Jamaica in the late 70's and had his jeeps radio stolen 4 times in a year, he finally got fed up with the thieves and installed some trebble hooks(the three prong fish hooks) with some small steel cable and connected them to the inside of his dash, near the radio's wiring. He only had his radio stolen once after that, but he said he found blood all over his dash where the radio had been. I thought this might make a nice addition to those who want the most security possible. I havent seen this idea anywhere else, so I hope it helps here =)

You can imagine how those thieves must be just ripping the radio out as fast as possible, they are bound to snag themselves on a couple of the hooks, maybe giving you enough time to load your gun or call the cops before they unhook themselves?

Anyways, hope this helps stop some thieving =)

-Lurius

What a great Idea! And I am sure the word spread quickly amongst the local thieves...!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Sound like a great way to change a scumbag who just wants to steal your radio into a scumbag who has a personal grudge against you and knows what car you drive.

Do you really think he's just going to think, "Okay, I deserved that" and walk away?

A friend of mine also did something similar after his head unit had been stolen twice from his Wagoneer. 6 razor blades JB welded around the head unit. There was blood all over the dash... and the head unit was still there swinging by it's harness! This was 4 1/2 years ago and he's never had a problem since. For me.. my in-dash unit is strapped with cable and bolts around the main support brace behind the dash. 2 backup sirens.. another battery etc.. should slow them down if they try to gank my gear.

A friend of mine also did something similar after his head unit had been stolen twice from his Wagoneer. 6 razor blades JB welded around the head unit. There was blood all over the dash... and the head unit was still there swinging by it's harness! This was 4 1/2 years ago and he's never had a problem since. For me.. my in-dash unit is strapped with cable and bolts around the main support brace behind the dash. 2 backup sirens.. another battery etc.. should slow them down if they try to gank my gear.
Had a friend of mine w/ similar security setup than yours. What end up happening to him is the thieve got so frustrated that he completly destroyed the inside of his car! I saw it after! Can't believe how much damage was done in few minutes!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.