Static Noise Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jaxon88

ID
Okay, so I'm having some static noise going through my tweeters, this is the equipment I have and what i've already tested. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks!

Equipment:

Polk Audio Db6502

Soundstream P400.2

Soundqubed 4 gauge wire

JVC KD-R975BTS

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge ram quad cab

Things we've already tested:

Unplugging the rcas to amp.

Running speaker wire and rcas outside of the floor boards.

Ground is completely sanded and is ground to the seat bolt.

Changing headunits.

Changing amps.

Changing rcas.

Running a ground wire straight to the battery from amp.

Crossover is set at +0 db.

Bass boost is off, and filter is set to full, gain is not even close to maxed on amp.

Everything has been tested on Bluetooth source without anything connected and it still happens when in different source.

Again any help would be greatly appreciated, if I have to live with the static then I'll do so, but I'd really rather not after spending what I'd consider to be a considerable amount to me on this. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Gain isn't a volume knob. It could be maxed at 1/4 turn

Your HU has 4v preouts. What you have is called noise floor because you are overdriving the amp. I shocked you haven't burnt up a speaker. Back the gain to 1/4 or less

Alright it's been awhile, and I tried what you said too about the gain, but there is no static coming from the amp as far as I know, I turned down the gain all the way down and it was still the same. Then I turned it up a bit past where I had it and could here the static I think you were referring too. Any other tips would be super helpful thanks!

May try resetting the HU first.Has worked in the past for me on different HUs.Other than that..Id maybe try another ground wire for testing at a different location and remove the existing to see if its the ground location for amplifier/amplifiers..What size power wire and what size ground wire being used for ea. amp??

Process of elimination.Generally going to take quite a bit of time to locate..Could be amp, bad HU,HU ground,vehicle main ground,RCAs,???All new vehicles have poor ground points as well as weak alt to batt power/charging supply

I don't recommend grounding to a seat bolt....although a good idea but not a solid connection. I would try a diff grounding area. Might have to drill a hole, scrape off the paint and put a nut/bolt combo there.

Is it just your tweeters getting this static noise?

Thanks for the tips guys, I'll try a couple different grounding areas and to reset the HU, and yes it's just the tweeters getting the static noise, when I first installed the tweeters I didn't realize the crossover was set to +6 db and the static was awful then, so I brought it down to 0db and that helped quite a bit if that gives you guys any ideas. Also the wire used is 4 gauge power and ground with 12 gauge speaker wire. I've already tried different rcas too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.