Static noise with 4 channel amp.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Max_034

Hello everyone,

I recently installed a 4 channel amp along with 4 speakers in my car. I had previously installed a mono channel with 2 subs and that worked perfectly, however when I installed the 4 channel amp I can hear a, sometimes small, sometimes noticeable, static sound. Also at times the noise is not heard at all. For the most part it only happens when the car is turned on ( I can only hear it for a very short time immediately after turning the ignition to accessories with the engine off), in addition the sound becomes more noticeable when the car lights are used (brake, headlight, hazard, turn signal, dashboard) but the noise tends to go away after a while. I've been told that I have a good ground connection so I'm not sure what could be causing the problem.

I have a 4 gauge power and ground cable connected to a distribution block which then go to the 2 amps. I used Rockford Fostgate RFK4D dual amp kit.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.