Stay away from Stinger Expert series!

Grmanalishi
10+ year member

The black hexagonal coated, silver-colored copper (4284 strands) wire. Supposed to be some new tech wire or something. I bought some 8 ga. at Ebay. The stuff falls right apart when you splice it our twist it. I couldn't get it into the amp terminal because it wouldn't stay together and twist and the strands just kept falling off. The tensile strength of the strands I would say are probably less than 1/4 lb./strand. I never saw wire like that. I've bought 110% better wire at Radio Shack. I will never buy Stinger wire ever again.

I use the Expert 1/0 gauge, and it seems to work fine for me. -_- Almost all my wiring

are stinger same with my distroblocks and speaker wires. They all seem to work fine for me.

Best wire I've messed with, it's easy to bend and get around places.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif :laugh: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif :laugh:

i've got all of stinger's higher end power wiring/accessories for my truck. i have no complaints whatsoever. maybe next time dont cut so deep when you are stripping the wire.

anonym.to Yeah, it's called a redirector. It takes the strain off the website server. People are so subtle around here.

I purchase from them, too and they sell some real good stuff. I buy speaker wire from them. They are one of the best audio stores on EBAY. But this wire broke like dry twigs when I twisted it and it didn't want to twist one bit. It was brittle which isn't typical of power wire. They put too many strands in it. Most 8 gauge has less than 1000-1200 strands easy. I'd say I lost at least 150 strands. It wasn't strong that's for sure. I challenge anyone to buy it and rate it.

anonym.to Yeah, it's called a redirector. It takes the strain off the website server. People are so subtle around here.
I purchase from them, too and they sell some real good stuff. I buy speaker wire from them. They are one of the best audio stores on EBAY. But this wire broke like dry twigs when I twisted it and it didn't want to twist one bit. It was brittle which isn't typical of power wire. They put too many strands in it. Most 8 gauge has less than 1000-1200 strands easy. I'd say I lost at least 150 strands. It wasn't strong that's for sure. I challenge anyone to buy it and rate it.
well yea, the kicker 8 gauge has 752 i think, i never seen an 8 gauge with 1200 strands?????

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.