Steering wheel adapter wiring issue

Participant count
  • Participant list

Straea

Recently bought a new head unit for my car, and the harness that shipped with my kit has the ground looping back from terminal 20 into terminal 11 where i should be feeding in one of the connections for the steering wheel adapter. The wire coming out of terminal 11 is labeled ground and feeds into the 12 pin connector which i need to replace with the 6 pin that shipped with the adapter. No idea what needs to be done here.

this is very nerve racking to do by yourself because you actually have to clip the wires off of the harness and splice them together as described in the scematic, otherwise a local install shop would probably do that step for you for a nominal fee.

Thanks for the info i was hoping to do it myself, if i can keep the work on the new side of the harness without touching the factory side i would still like to.

Would i be able to cut the ground looping from 20-11, then use that to run the ground from the adapter into the same connection as the ground from the Head unit? or would i have to tap into the the wire i need on the factory side and remove it from the connector?

As it stands currently the ground coming from the 11th pin is fed into the 12 pin connector that i would of used if i bought a simpler steering wheel adapter?

yes you should be able to, it doesnt matter where you connect the ground as long as it is a true ground (negative battery terminal, chassis, ect.) so if that is the ground for the headunit it should be fine. I have only installed a couple of these myself and every install is different depending on the model and the kind of car you are using.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.