Stereo Integrity TM65 or DD Audio AW-6.5A

Participant count
  • Participant list

Phonephreak

CarAudio.com Newbie
Replacing my mid bass in my 04 Silverado crew cab and looking for recommendations in $300 range. 2 standouts for me are Stereo Integrity TM65 and DD Audio AW-6.5A. I like that they can go down to 65hz and 50hz respectively. Doors and cab of the truck are fully sound dampened. Amp is AudioControl D4.800 4x125w rms. I am open to other recommendations in this price range as well. Stereo Integrity is $399 regular price but they do have $100 off sales at times.

Yep ordered a set myself and I was planning on the dd a series since I love their ceramic dome tweeters
Big fan of the Accuton line of ceramics in my HT speaker builds (especially when it's someone else's money). Love using the Satori berylliums in the car and in HT too. Wish I could afford the Focal Be's W series. I heard them and what a mistake, now everything else just seems "ordinary" :(

Big fan of the Accuton line of ceramics in my HT speaker builds (especially when it's someone else's money). Love using the Satori berylliums in the car and in HT too. Wish I could afford the Focal Be's W series. I heard them and what a mistake, now everything else just seems "ordinary" :(
I can't even begin to think about the accuton auto line. The speakers would cost as much as my truck.

I honestly didn't expect to like these. I don't usually like hard domes. But I unexpectedly burned a stereo integrity m25 tweeter(my mistake) and they were available local so in they went.

I'm ready to pull these emojis viv mids out for something more midbass designed. The viv are fine and 2ohm so they get plenty power but even silverflutes have more midbass in my build. But I can't cross low enough until I go 3way to use the silverflutes.

With the m3s mounted in the dash I should be able to run the tm65 60-500hz, m3 500-3k, and the tweeters 3k and up.

These are arbitrarily picked points and I know several people cross the m3 as low as 350 which would help my vehicle null at 500

I hear ya! I'm pretty fond of hard domes that are designed well. Once you hear a good Beryllium or ceramic, nothing is quite the same. Scan-Speak, Mundorf, and Morel (specifically the Acuflex damped line) are very good silks. I play drums, cello, keyboards, piano and bass guitar. I want my cymbals to go tis, tis, not tish, tish. Even the best silks I've heard only get really close, not quite the same as a well-tuned ceramic, beryllium or alloy dome setup. One of the most surprising domes I have used recently is the Pioneer Aluminum dome, quite impressed with their price point/performance to 96klhz!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...