Stetsoms do rated?

I'm getting mixed signals here lol. Don't know weather to look into the Stetsom further or strap a pair of 3k's

Title. The model I'm looking at is the Stetsom 6k5. 2 ohm model. States 6850 rms @ 2 ohms, 13.8 volts. $977 on ssa store. Doesn't even look like it has dual inputs.
well that ***** my buddy jsut sold his vfl750 for like 850 would have been perfect for ya

We have had a few customers amps, who had them installed correctly/professionally, go poof and Stetsom was not very helpful on the warranty process.

i ran my 4k2d on my SS XXX 15 for a couple months, (until it broke loose from the mounts), the amp performed with out a flaw, mine was the 2 ohm model, i ran it at 1.2 daily, it never even hinted at going into protect, i actually got a set of copper triple inputs for mine, and really didnt have much of a voltage issue either.
and it was mounted on my enclosure, so they really arnt that sensitive to vibration.

No amp should be mounted to an enclosure.

Stetsom is legit. Never had any problems with any of the 5 that I've owned. All did rated and then some (clamped my 2k6 doing almost 2k rising to 8ohms) Just as efficient, if not more efficient than my Koreans. I wouldn't hesitate to run them again. As a matter of fact... I might go looking for a 4k right now.

i ran 2 2k6d amps strapped at 2 ohms clamped 7300 watts rms ,for a year ,never had any issues period.the got a 7k2d model ,ran it for another year ,was my teammates amp,he still has it too.only the kd models are good ,the evo models are not so good.

There are more people posting on this that have never ran stetsom before and have no idea what they are talking about it aint funny. Ran 1 14k2d daily and absolutely loved it. Best sounding amp i ever owned. She went down all the way to 10v and still kept going like a champ. Only down side of any 12v stetsom amp is that they go into protect for high voltage at 14.9v. So if you live where it gets cold and you charge high in the morning the amp will go into protect right off the bat and it gets pretty ******* annoying.

Now i owned a 14k2e that i dont know if something was wrong with it or if it is just the series but it was absolute garbage. Wasnt as loud and was dirty *** hell. Id like to try a brand new one to see if it was a bad amp or what.

I also owned 4 7kd's (the orginal one that gave stetsom a bad name) Them sons of ******* scared the hell out of me looking at the board because they looked so unstable. So i got rid of them before something bad happened.

But i would buy stetsom again in a heart beat if i was amp shopping. It ***** you can really talk to anyone if you are having a problem besides email Jefferson Stetsom.

There is a better summary of the last 3 models and my opinion for yah

They have less inputs than other amps because they use higher voltage and less amperage.

I dont know if Id run it on bass, but Ill be running a Stetsom 5k on my highs.

There are more people posting on this that have never ran stetsom before and have no idea what they are talking about it aint funny. Ran 1 14k2d daily and absolutely loved it. Best sounding amp i ever owned. She went down all the way to 10v and still kept going like a champ. Only down side of any 12v stetsom amp is that they go into protect for high voltage at 14.9v. So if you live where it gets cold and you charge high in the morning the amp will go into protect right off the bat and it gets pretty ******* annoying.
Now i owned a 14k2e that i dont know if something was wrong with it or if it is just the series but it was absolute garbage. Wasnt as loud and was dirty *** hell. Id like to try a brand new one to see if it was a bad amp or what.

I also owned 4 7kd's (the orginal one that gave stetsom a bad name) Them sons of ******* scared the hell out of me looking at the board because they looked so unstable. So i got rid of them before something bad happened.

But i would buy stetsom again in a heart beat if i was amp shopping. It ***** you can really talk to anyone if you are having a problem besides email Jefferson Stetsom.

There is a better summary of the last 3 models and my opinion for yah
As with any product there are some stories that end with praise and others that end with less then stellar results. I base my position on multiple points.

1. My personal experience

2. My personal experience with that company(from an end user and business stand point)

3. Also input from my amplifier repair tech.

With that said, there are others who swear by them. My views are "personal" and "business". However, everyone is allowed their own opinion and can base it on what ever they wish. I remember meeting you and kyle both in Cape a few years ago and meetering your cars down there at the show. You both had good results and for that, I am happy for you.

Stetsom CS is garbage and you can't get them to warrenty anything. No one really fixes the large amps anymore, not even dB-R or ampmedics. I would veer away from them.

They will do power.. but for the risk I wouldn't touch them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Dtrom

10+ year member
MAF
Dtrom
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from