Strange amp turn on problem

Participant count
  • Participant list

nickpapa
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
hey guys, this is my first post but i've been on this forum for a while (search function is awesome!). anyway, one morning my amp decided not to turn on. here is what i've done so far and have had no luck figuring out what is going on.

checked power fuse

checked amp fuses

tested power and it reads perfect.

tested the ground by using it as the ground to test the power

tested the remote wire and it reads perfect

swapped a friends amp into my car and that amp also wouldnt turn on.

what could possibly be going on? it just suddenly happened. i didnt change or move anything so i dont know where the problem is //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

I am using a voltage meter and yes I am testing with the radio turned on.

is there supposed to be a reading with the radio off (besides the 12v power)?

Ifyou are getting power in to the back then the problem seems it would have to be the remote wire. Did you try you amp in your friends car to make sure its not a bad amp?

i did notice that if i touch the power wire and ground together there are no sparks at all. but the power wire fuse is good and with the voltage meter it reads as if it has normal power.

Where did u test the power from? The side that would attach to the amp? If you don't have a spark when the touch U don't have power or ground is bad.

the ground is probably bad, but good enough fo measuring purposes...did u try hooking the remote wire on the power wire at the amp, just to eliminate that? u could be getting readings on the remote wire from the condenzators inside the amp

i will have to redo my ground and see if that fixes the issue. when you say to hook up the remote wire on the power wire at the amp do you mean to connect the remote wire into the 12v source on the amp?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.