Stumped......

txrn75010

dallas
ok heres the deal...Im not a car novice in the least/also not a guru either...installed amp in 95 cherokee, and now have the all annoying elect interference/hiss/whine....Cant f'in firuge it out...Done thus far: all pwr/spkr wires run at least 18" apart (oppsite sides): gnds to head and amp re-done: used different st RCA wires completely out of car(same for pwr cable as well)...same hiss/whine...rewired and rechecked spkrs for grounding/shorts...if plug ipod into any pair of RCA''s (orig or outside car) clear as bell....at this pt im thinkin head unit....until ....terminal of rca happened to touch spot on body (no enterior left in car after all that hahahah)..same sound EXACTLY hiss, alt whine etc...placed to any metal spot on car you get interference...thinkin theres a short within the cars elect system...any ideas thanks...im tired of walkin :>

Ground loop isolator? Only other thing I can think of is make sure the power is enough good bat/alt. I had that problem way back when and I never figured it out, got a different vehicle and didn't have the problem again which leads me to belive it was something to do with the car's electrical but idk. is that amp for the speakers I'm assuming not a sub?

Have you considered a pre-amp? Many ground noise problems can be eliminated by using a decent pre-amp. Think 3sixty.2 symmetry audison 1 etc.

I had a very similar problem in another vehicle and used a RF Symmetry epx2 and it totally removed the noise issues. I too had tried everything you mentioned here.

Always remember to try a few locations for your main ground and to keep the ground as short as possible.

waz thinking may be the case (RCA's) its a POS kentwood...what changed my mind was when the naked "RCA" cable while stgill being attached to amp cake in contact w./chasis and produced same interference noises...alt whine/popping w/signals etc

no sub 2x infinits ref 6.5 @ 2ohms in series; 2xkicker 6.5 @ 4ohms in parallel

amp is what i could afford (unemployed) its a crunch P1100 or somthin like that 2 channel...I learned along time ago that 99.996% of the time you get what you pay for bit it is what it is....

alternator was replaced on friday (oem 90amp)

ill get back at it monday and try what yall have suggested as well as the main grounding strap kinda looked over that one (if it was that simple ill be pissed (cars interior is prob 80% disassembeled!)

try turning you gain down just a tad. was it set with a dmm? i skimmed thru your post because of all the abbreviations so i dont know if this a sub amp or 4ch? also re check your grounds. and as others stated may be a HU issue

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.