Sub Recommendation Please!

Besbro
10+ year member

Hello,

My wife bought me a JL Audio CS110-WXv2: Single 10WXv2 BassWedge, Sealed, 4 Ω sub unit for Christmas. It was on sale for only $88.00. I am looking to upgrade the sub but keep the basswedge sealed box. The dimensions of the box are 18.75 in wide, 12.125 in height and 7.75 in deep. My amp puts out 300 watts RMS @ 2 ohms so I am hoping to find a sub in that power range. I am a big Image Dynamics fan, would a IDQ10V3.D2 perform well in this box? I am open to any suggestions although I am hoping to keep the price around or below the $200.00 ish mark.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

I should mention this is going in a 2012 Ford Focus factory deck (was 6 speaker non amplified system from factory) with a Audiocontrol LCQ-1, Image Dynamics CXS comps running off an Arc Audio FD2100 and the sub running off a Cadence XA300.1.

Thanks again!

iST Ltd.

sice you are in win canada, why not just contact mach 5. they make amazing subs hand built of top quality and they are local to you. why not just get a custom sub done for your box

I will look into a few of these options, thanks. I have no experience with the dcon.

I can afford the IDQ, would it perform well off of 300 watts rms or is the ID series better at that power? Which sub would work better in my enclosure?

Thanks!

The idq will work well on 300 watts, the id might be a touch louder on that power , but the q will should have a little better low end extension

This might be a dumb question but will the Dcon be a lot better than my JL WX? Do you think it is worth the switch?

Thanks!

Any one have any thoughts on a Cadence S1?

Last edited by a moderator:
So you have roughly 0.7 cu ft net of space, according to my back of napkin arithmetic, which is ok for a lot of subwoofers. The other constraint is the mounting depth. Take a look at Polk Audio MM series. They have modest mounting depth. If you can power a 4ohm SVC subwoofer, also consider Alpine's shallow mount Type-Rs.

Personally, I would be simply leaning towards discarding your box, and checking out Alpine's SBR-s83v subwoofer. It's an R 8 inch in a tiny custom ported enclosure with low tuning frequency. The specs pretty much match your amplifier. These R8 subwoofers have a very good reputation for SQ, and being in a ported box, it will keep up with the SPL of 10 inch subwoofer in a sealed while giving you a better low end.

Dcon over wo, wx, w1, w3. Dcon is just a better priced sub on a higher level than most subs at similar price. You'll like the dcon an if you ever want to upgrade to a ported and tuned box it will do some pretty amazing things at 300w rms

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.