subs doing very weird things

I NEVER will buy from best buy. Will the big 3 fix most of the problems? why has this never been a problem before? I built the box myself, thanks for the compliment on the box!
why not? you have a noobish best buy set up and probably paid way more than its worth, and you have problems with it. now why is whatever you do better than buying from best buy?

Take your amps off your box too. I have one of those kenwood amps and since they're mass production you might rattle a solder joint loose inside of them and mess em' up.
cheap stuff, kenwoods break easy that way, good call, i was so focused on the stupid caps i didnt notice that.

Take those stupid caps out!! Thats prolly why its cutting in and out.... All they do is put more strain on your system...
Take your amps off your box too. I have one of those kenwood amps and since they're mass production you might rattle a solder joint loose inside of them and mess em' up.
that too. i didnt want to be the first to gripe about caps. All I know is that everything on the circuit is a load on the alternator. and if you wang it to the point that you caps are cutting out the power to your system, might want to yanks those caps and try without them. and if you get dimming, then get that H.O alt and a second battery or more and definately need more power and ground points.

why not? you have a noobish best buy set up and probably paid way more than its worth, and you have problems with it. now why is whatever you do better than buying from best buy?
I didn't ask a question to have my system ridiculed. I value good input, not the crap your giving me. I can tell you right now, I probably spent half of what your thinking. I don't care about your opinion of the setup I have, I like it and that's what I think matters. Go yell at a worthless rock or something for having the wrong color.

and having problems, everyone has a problem at one time or another. hypocritical prick. This is THE ONLY problem I have ever had. Maby your sony Xplode subs and your walmart setup makes you feel like the world, man, thats your opinion, you like your stuff, good for you! This is what I like. If you have nothing valuable to say, please push that little power button on your PC.

Last edited by a moderator:
my buddy had a 900w alpine amp in his Scion Xb... when we put his Orion H2 15d2 in he kept having it cut out due to some oddly low voltages, he only had one battery up front and only at high volumes would this happen. I told him probably 689 times to remove the cap and he said he would eventually... well he finally gets around to it and shoots me some texts saying he can bang louder, harder, and with no voltage problems or amp cutting out. I have no idea wtf the cap did but the internal resistance must have been phenomenal or something, they are "supposed to" help smooth out voltage, not ruin it!

Another CA.com thread full of stupid. Way to go guys!

OP I would recheck your connections, especially your ground connection to the car.. Unhook it, clean it up, and make sure its reattached well..

ok, so the caps need to go, that will happen this weekend (the only time i get off). the big 3 also needs to go in. then I will also need better battery power. and possibly a HO alternator. Also redo any connections that seem week, especially ground wire. Does this seem like a good plan of action? anything else?

Caps usually don't beep unless it's below 10 volts.

OP, it could be a bad alt or battery. What I really think it is, is your power and ground wire may be loose or getting burned up.

My old car did that, upgraded the wire from knock off 4 gauge to 0 and it fixed everything.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.