Subs Get louder than quieter?

TSL13505
10+ year member

Vegas
Heya all. It seems that when just listening at any volume, the subs sometimes get louder then go back down to how they sounded before. It completely random when they get loud, and im not sure what the problem is. Basically its like if im listening to a test tone, randomely sometimes it will just play much louder for a second or however long and then go back down to how it was. My gains were set with a DMM and all that. Is it like a power issue or ground wire problem? Ive tried a few amps and they all do the same thing which leads me to believe its in the wiring somewhere? I can try to explain in more detail if needed! Thanks for any help as im lost //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

turn off the little automatic volume control where it gets louder the faster you go, turn that off and see what happens
isn't that just a feature on a few higher end cars(and the new mitsubishi eclipse spyder), most of which are convertibles, so you can hear the music over the road noise?

or am i thinking of something else //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Ok maybe this will help. I just went out to try to reset my gains to see if that was the problem. So im playing a 50hz tone and im looking for 40v (sqrt.800x2ohm). So i set it at 40v and if i watch it for a minute all the sudden it starts to read like 19v and i havent touched a thing. Thats pretty much my problem. I redid my ground and everything.

Ok maybe this will help. I just went out to try to reset my gains to see if that was the problem. So im playing a 50hz tone and im looking for 40v (sqrt.800x2ohm). So i set it at 40v and if i watch it for a minute all the sudden it starts to read like 19v and i havent touched a thing. Thats pretty much my problem. I redid my ground and everything.
every GM vehicle ive been in since 2003 has had that feature. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

its in the menu, i dont remember what its called my 860 used to do it when i was listening to music, it would hit hard for some reason then go quieter, i turned that feature off and it quit, maybe avl or auto volume something just go through the menu, if that dosent do it could be a voltage problem or something is messed up

what its doing is when the music plays it thinks its extra noise and compensates with more volume with out telling you, then for some reason it would go back down, tis what mine did

went to the pioneer site its Automatic Sound Levelizer (ASL) turn it off

and my 99 blazer had this on its stock HU, it didnt know what it was at first:( thought it was some kind of booster //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Actually not even thinking i dont have the 860 installed yet. Im running a POS alpine 9807 =( Any ideas with this deck? I looked through the entire manual and didnt see anything.

that same issue is happening to me after moving my system from my car to my truck.

i have a feeling is my alternator not being able to keep up with current draw from the amp, since i already had the battery checked out and it came back good. also have the big 3 done, so im just waiting for the alternator to go out, before i replace it. wich is not a good idea at all.

any ways, it could also be the rcas youre using or just your head unit.

check with a dmm with the car running if there is a voltage swing when you play the test tones. usualy test tones will draw more current from the alternator then just plain music will.

if there is a change lets say you have 14.5v with the car running and stereo on but nothing playing, then you play your test tone. if your voltage slowly drops to like 12.5v or below then that will defenetly show an audible diffrence while the test tone is playing. if its an instant drop in voltage. then you shouldnt hear a diffrence since the test tone is being played at 12.5v or below from the get go.

check the battery voltage after having the car seat for the whole day. see if it reads below 12v you could have a battery that is going bad and is putting a bigger then normal load on the alternator and causing it to give you that voltage drop.

those are just some sugestions.

laters

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.