Subs in the mud??

chevyman646

OK here is the dilemma. I have a 2015 Polaris Ranger 900xp. I am going to add two 10's in the bed somehow. I see a lot of guys firing the subs up/forward into the open air on these side by sides. The only reason I am considering the upward /forward design is it will keep the subs up as high as possible to avoid water submersion while off road driving as I play in the mud and water quite a bit. I am not going to throw huge amounts of money at this like my boat and truck, but would like a little bass to add to the setup. I also don't want to take up a lot of room in the bed as I need room for coolers and such. Anybody have a suggestion, or comment on if firing the woofers angled up and slightly forward would be a waste of time??? Or should I keep them fired down or against the bed of the Ranger??

I can squeeze a single under the seat but the water submersion would be a problem.

10649601_1527864684116087_8964554092317337785_n.jpg

A pic for reference as to what I am talking about doing except firing two toward the cab and angled up like these.

Rockford-Fosgate-Polaris-RZR-XP-4-064.jpg

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

A pic for reference as to what I am talking about doing except firing two toward the cab and angled up like these.

Rockford-Fosgate-Polaris-RZR-XP-4-064.jpg

only true way to keep your subs away from mud and sound a sh*t ton better/louder then those subs in too small of sealed boxes.

That is awesome, but to big for my application and way too expensive. Its also ported which would be the down fall for me. I've had water that high on this these things. Thus , a sealed enclosure is needed.

I use polks. Never let me down.
I have Polks in my golf cart. I am more interested in the setup of the enclosure/direction rather than the type of woofers at this point. Just wondering how something like this would sound in the bed with no "cab pressure" like in a car/truck.

IMG00188-20101112-1259.jpg

I installed 2 polk dxi 12" in my buddies rzr800. They really didn't sound all that great with the box firing up and away from the cabin, wasnt impressed with the box firing at the cabin either. The box is very similar to the pic you posted above. We are building a down firing box at the moment, will rhino line it.... it sould provide some more bass since it will have a surface to reflect off of, as well as give a flat surface on top to strap coolers down. will try to get some pics this weekend if i remember.

btw: those subs have been rained on, covered in georgia red clay & mud. washed off with a hose and never had an issue.

That is what I was thinking as well. But I was trying to keep the box as small as possible to keep from taking up a lot of room in the bed and like I said before keep them up high as possible. If I fire them down, I am afraid they will be very close to the bed floor, and The box will be a bit larger. I am not all that concerned with a little mud and the occasional water spray or cleaning. I am however concerned that they will be completely under water at some point and time if they are not raised up somewhat.

Thanks for the info.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.