subs made in usa

quality bro there is a huge diff.

take a china sub meter it in a box and blow it up send to me then meter again i promise you will be a huge gain

Quality and jobs stay here in our country.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suave.gif.858fc102f7646e678ee8af7e1fbc41d1.gif

Main thing is quality control and Ego, chinese assembly line could care less what garbage lands on our doorstep. This is traced back to principles, Mainland china wants to make money with the cheapest crap possible and they swallow their pride and they wont a ***** what people say about their crap product. While Americans believe in hard work and are very egotistic, they take pride in their product and they want their stuff to be known as the best and they work towards it.

Sundown?!!?!?! Woah there! I thought we were talking about kickers //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

In all seriousness though, Korean, china and japan supply the majority of parts for amps and subs we buy. Most are assembled in the USA. Just because something isn't America made doesn't mean it is crap(sundown). Same goes with most other companies we know and throw around on the forums. Magnets are almost always from overseas, soft parts sometimes.

Actual quality would be determined in the design of the subwoofer(mostly in america) and the assembly line. From the skilled labor they hire, to the quality of the subwoofer parts they order, to how much glue they use and if they use it properly. That all attributes how durable the sub would be.

Most brands that become mainstream and outsource to China tend to use budget parts along with the cheapest of labor. Luckily we already know/have a blacklist of brands we would never touch that would directly fall under this category.

Main thing is quality control and Ego, chinese assembly line could care less what garbage lands on our doorstep. This is traced back to principles, Mainland china wants to make money with the cheapest crap possible and they swallow their pride and they wont a ***** what people say about their crap product. While Americans believe in hard work and are very egotistic, they take pride in their product and they want their stuff to be known as the best and they work towards it.
I don't think this is really true. Really most Chinese people I've met have a very good work ethic.

From what I'm told, the Chinese factories will build WHATEVER you tell them to build. The reason much of the stuff from there is shoddy quality is that the company who is contracting the manufacture wants to get the stuff as cheaply as possible. So really if you turn that around, I'd blame poor quality on the American consumer who keeps buying and the American companies that tell these factories to build a 50 pound woofer for 100$.

As far as I know there isn't many subs that are 100% American made and built. Most that are built here are built with Chinese or Taiwan parts. And assembled here in the states Consenses say that if a sub. Amp or any other manufactured item is 56% built or assembled in the states. It can be labeled as made in USA

The problem is the American consumer. He wants the best product but not have to pay for it. We have an addiction to wanting more and more so we will buy lots of cheaper quality products to have more stuff. Instead we could have saved up, did the research, and bought what really would have made us happy with all that money but then we wouldn't have tons of junk. The average American hovers on hoarder out of the womb. We are very materialistic and I suffer with the problem every time I'm looking to buy. It is in our blood

The issue is a mixture of a number of things.

• Open trade with countries with far lower pay standards that continually effect what is still left here in the USA
  • American consumers caring little about quality only about initial price
  • design and tech value going out the window
  • younger average age of consumers that do less research into their buying choices while not making educated decisions and being tremendously affected by hype/BS/product pushing etc.
  • many larger brands focusing on the dollar & market share only so they are continually transitioning to cheaper materials and build costs to continue to lower their prices for the masses in the race to ZERO effectively diluting the market with low quality/mediocre performing equipment for the demanding customers with a short attention span that turn over equipment often
  • growing hordes of shady dealers who sell online that are not allowed to in addition to them selling below MAP price per the signed NDA through PM's product pushing/bashing

you make it sound like its china's fault they build stuff fot cheap, lol. americans tell them what to build and how much it costs. its america's fault, not the chinese. their just smart and took advantage of a opportunity. if we americans wanted quality products the chinese could build them, sadly the market wants cheap. has nothing to do with pride as you say.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.