Subs not hitting lowes?

kgcolbyIII
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
So question, i just finished my fiberglass box. Put my subs in to test and it doesnt play lowes very good. Is the volume too small ro too big? not sure if i should go buy some filler or some solid blocks to change the volume. they are solid glossblack because the JL logo was soooo scratched, im just hiting it till i can find a way to re apply the correct logo and not be a sticker

that or i really dont like JL subs.(gave the old ones a try)

They are the old 12w6v1 from like 8 years ago or so

2011-04-23%2022.39.12.jpg

Its most likely the box I had 2 RD Sonances in a sealed box that was too small they sounded like poop and really didnt hit all that hard. Just put them in a custom ported box tuned @ 35hz and OMG didnt touch 1 setting on my amp and these babys sounded about 300x better! Id try a better box first if i were you

That box looks really small. You could try filling the box with packing peanuts or something similar to get an idea of the volume.

Definately aint the JLs.... unless theres something wrong with the subs physically cuz old school w6's can hit lows very well. in my blazer a few years ago i had 3 of em and they hit the lows awesome in a small sealed. take a look under my profile pic(not avatar) if ya want you can see the box. barely took up any space in the back of my truck.

Definately aint the JLs.... unless theres something wrong with the subs physically cuz old school w6's can hit lows very well. in my blazer a few years ago i had 3 of em and they hit the lows awesome in a small sealed. take a look under my profile pic(not avatar) if ya want you can see the box. barely took up any space in the back of my truck.
I need to find a place that sells packing peanuts so i can figure out the space inside the box
stand 2' in front of the store and throw them at it and see if they hit then
I wont be throwing subs at my work building... lol.. i kinda need a job....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.