Subs not working please HELP!

Willsphilly

Philly
Hey guys I have a sound stream rub 1000 watt mono amp hooked up to 2 jl w3s in a ported box. 4 gauge wire. I hooked it up about 3 weeks ago and it worked perfectly fine for 2 weeks then out of nowhereit shut off . So I did a little investigating I found out it only works in acc mode the subs sound great bang hard but when I start the car they immediately shut off but the amp stays on does not clip at all I am so confused ? I have a 1991 civic si hatch stock alternator stuck wiring should I upgrade big 3 ? I've went over all the wiring sand everything good ground power etc... Nothing iis loose. I just find it so strange it works in acc mode but not when I stArt the car. Please help me I need my bass back!

You can go to orielys to get your electrical tested/ battery with, and without a load.ITs FREE, could have a bad alt, and or a weak battery not taking a charge??

It not th e wires I checked and replaced all of them. How would I go about doing the jumper wire from the remote wire to the positive? A jumper cable to the positive battery terminal? the amp stays on it doesn't go into protection mode. Also my electrical wiring going from alt to fusebox and battery is 8 gauge stock wire do you think a big 3 upgrade could solve the problem ? I was thnking since the subs only work when my car is on acc mode that the amp isn't getting enough power from the thin wires or the alt is bad /weak the battery is good I tested it already and it's brand new

Ecen though its new doesnt mean its good. Get the second opinion. I bought 3 brand spanking new alternators for my Honda Civic, and a real ***** to change out at that(3 times) before i got a good one.They were even tested before I left the danm store??I guess they just failed under a load after a few days??IDK,.just recommendation to you is all? Good luck to you. You take the existing remote wire off, and run a wire from remote to power directly //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.