subs stop hitting when i turn up volume

TRAP$TAR
10+ year member

breakin glass
stc
i have 4 10inch kicker comp cvr and a hifonics 1200 2channel amp everythings wired correctly just re wired it and it still does it.... the subs will work when i crank the bass knob and everything but once i turn the volume up to around 30 they stop working and just start making a vibarating noise like verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrverrrrrrrrrrverrrrrrr not that loud but they deffintly arent slamming like before. also i have already grounded the rca's on the hu once before and thinking this was the problem i re grounded them and it still does it and yes i have a pioneer hu any suggestions please please please

assuming by your avatar saying "breakin glass" Im assuming youre bumping so loud with those kickers youre busting your windows? You got a caprice? Or a Deville?

About the problem youre having though - try turning the gain down and see what that does. And most 2 channel amps wont handle a 2 ohm load bridged and will cut off when you turn it up. Run 2 subs on each channel at 4 ohms (the vc's wired in series, then parallel to the amp) thats your only option.

thats how there wired there all in one sealed box and the 2 subs are wired to one channel so i have 4 wires comming out of the box 2 negative and 2 positive and then i have them each going to there own channels its not bridged

thats how there wired there all in one sealed box and the 2 subs are wired to one channel so i have 4 wires comming out of the box 2 negative and 2 positive and then i have them each going to there own channels its not bridged
i guess its time for you to get a bigger and stronger amp to power those kicker's the way you want them to sound:laugh://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

You know how to use a multimeter? Check the ground youre using. What kind of car is it
its a in 1986 cutlass supreme 4dr... yes i no what a dmm is im kinda thinking it might have something to do with my battery or possibly my alt because when the radio is on and the car isnt the subs wont hit

its a in 1986 cutlass supreme 4dr... yes i no what a dmm is im kinda thinking it might have something to do with my battery or possibly my alt because when the radio is on and the car isnt the subs wont hit
why would you play your music while car is off??????????//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif:confused://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif....your killing your battery by doing that..

also have you checked your remote???...the amp should turn on when hu is on also...or did you wire it somewhere else???

why would you play your music while car is off??????????//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif:confused://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif....your killing your battery by doing that..
also have you checked your remote???...the amp should turn on when hu is on also...or did you wire it somewhere else???
havent you ever heard of hott boxing and why would i do it without some music hahaha but the amp will turn on with the headunit with the key slightly turned but the subs wont hit at all i have to put a dmm on it see how many volts im running

when i crank the bass knob and everything but once i turn the volume up to around 30 they stop working and just start making a vibarating noise like verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrverrrrrrrrrrverrrrrrr not that loud but they deffintly arent slamming like before.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Turn the bass knob back down to zero. I think your clipping the hell out of your amp input stage. The subs are getting only heavily distorted sound.

Bass knobs (eq boost) should be outlawed. They serve no purpose, only generate distortion.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
Turn the bass knob back down to zero. I think your clipping the hell out of your amp input stage. The subs are getting only heavily distorted sound.

Bass knobs (eq boost) should be outlawed. They serve no purpose, only generate distortion.
Not all bass knobs are bad //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.