Subs working barely. PLEASE HELP

tzk0nlin3
10+ year member

YoUr FathEr
Ok Here is the story.

I have two 10 inch MTX audio Thunder 6000's for my subs.

Sub Info's http://www.mtxaudio.com/caraudio/archive/2003thunder6000sub.cfm

subT6104A.jpg

My Amplifer is a Virtual Reality Sound Labs/ Vr3 2 Channel Stereo Amplifier

• 200 Watts Peak Power

• A True MOSFET Amplifier

• Overload Protection

• 3 Position Cross-Over Switch, Bass, Flat/Treble

• RCA Input Jacks and Line Output Jacks

• Soft Start Mute Turn On Circuit

VRA2.0.jpg

My Reciever is a JVC In-Dash CD Player (KD-G210)

Spec info here http://www.circuitcity.com/rpsm/oid/113402/originURLEncoded/http%253A%252F%252Fwww.circuitcity.com%252Frpsm%252FcatOid%252F-13089%252FN%252F20013088%252B20013089%252B40%252Flink%252Fref%252Frpem%252Fccd%252Fcategorylist.do/rpem/ccd/productDetailSpecification.do#tabs

Ok this is what happened. Originally I had really bad 6 and a half inch sony xplod speakers in my door of my 1995 chevy s10 x'cab. I was at circuity city one day and bought MTX thunder dome axials for my doors. I installed them w/ no problem. About a week later my subs werent working to well, they werent making too much noise a little but not at all. So i was thinking i needed to get a new wiring kit for my truck. My tabs if u want to call it on my AMP were 4 gauge. I thought maybe it was too big since they guy who wired it did a bad job and they were on tight and etc. So i bought Tsunami or something 8 gauge wires and wired it nice adn clean w/ no wires popping out of the amp. IT was wired nice, it didnt make a difference at all. the sub still sounds weaker then it did before. I fooled around w/ the gain and freq **** and it still hasnt helped at all. Does anyone know why this stuff could be happening?

I've made a few posts before, but please help me out this time if anyone has any ideas let me know. My only idea is to get a more powerful amplifier.

what ohm are the subs, they single or dual?? how do you have them wired to you amp?? I had a problem like that before where they werent sounding as load as they should and i took one of the subs out of the box and one of the wires came off my sub. That can make a hugee difference.

can you get a link for the amp so we can see what its rated at for each ohm and stuff? just curious but how much did you pay for this amp.

dude...you're saying that you were powering 6 1/2 coaxials with this amp, and now you're trying to power two 10" subwoofers with the same amp??? first of all, the SIZE of the subwoofer should tell you something, that this speaker will need more power, second of all, just go look at the specs for your subs and see what they're rated for. that amp is a toy.

Sounds like the amplifier is toast.

Probably lost a part of the board. Is it under warranty? If not, pull it out, open it up and look for burn marks and smell for smoke. I really wouldn't be suprised if it crapped out on you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.