Sundown sa 15 ported box help

CHUMCHAL72
10+ year member

Ok so its my first time building/designing a ported box. Iv'e been researching alot the past couple days and learned a good bit of info. I used the torres box calculator, WinISD, Google Sketchup and also some pen and paper calculations and i think ive almost got it down so heres some specs form torres.

p><p>I

Build A)

Both of the boxes are 40x16x16 with 14.5x3 port openings and 28[/IMG]

Vehicle : F150

Location in the vehicle: Center console

Space available (Length x Width x Height): 16x16x40

Subwoofer make and model: Sundown sa 15

Subwoofer Size:15

Number of Subwoofers:1

Type of Port (Kerfed, Slot, Aero, etc.): Slot ported

What type of music do you like?: Rap

Is your goal SPL or Everyday Music?:Balanced but leaning toward spl

Tuning Freq (Hz): 32-33

Volume : 3.2

Questions:

Basically i need to to know if im on the right track with my build. All help is greatly appreciated any tips on what i need to do or modify. Like i said this is my first time using any of these programs and i don't know the tips or tricks to them.

thanks

Bottom sketch up will work best, but move the sub cut out all the way forward so it's not near the port mouth. You may have to have port rear firing if you don't want the sub right below your face and arm. I'd bump up the port area and port per just a little for the SA. I'd also shoot for 3.5 net cubes. You'll also need to add 3 to your common walls, that will change net volume and tuning some. Adjust accordingly.

Thanks for reply and the tips. I'll redesign and post up whenwhen I get back home. The sub will be down firing. I will add some sort of lift on the bottom of course but I just didn't include it in the design yet

I've got a design from one I did not long ago that worked out really good. I'll post it up when I get to my laptop.

Sent from my Motorola 2950 Special Edition Bag Phone

Just remembered this thread. Here's the last one I did and it worked out really good. You could also put the sub in the same position on the panel with the port.

Yeah man. It was a double baffle but for some reason had 2 of them saved with one having a double baffle. Will it fit where you want it to go? If not I can come up with a design, just post up your max dimensions

The sub box is actually really close to being done. As u was very limited on space I could only go 16" high. But thanks for the design is plan anyway. It's almost done, tomorrow I'll be painted a little bit for the top design of the box, putting in the cup holders, and carpeting the rest of it. So hopefully it should be done by tomorrow. And hopefully be able to install by Saturday. The sub comes in tomorrow super excited. Here's some progress pics.

Thanks again for all the input and tips.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.