Sundown X-10 / X-15 / X-18 Prototypes Here

depending on the spiders 38-40+mm xmax.
Well I think we are getting at a whole different arguement here. 1.5k more RMS brings a lot of other things too. My main point was that yeah the subs are a bit more expensive, but the system overall to properly power it versus your 2.5kRMS is going to be much cheaper. But I think what you have to look at is the performance in its class. These should be at the top of the 1kRMS class based on what has been seen about them now, so a premium can be charged. He has also stated that manufacturing cost was higher on these.

Well I think we are getting at a whole different arguement here. 1.5k more RMS brings a lot of other things too. My main point was that yeah the subs are a bit more expensive, but the system overall to properly power it versus your 2.5kRMS is going to be much cheaper. But I think what you have to look at is the performance in its class. These should be at the top of the 1kRMS class based on what has been seen about them now, so a premium can be charged. He has also stated that manufacturing cost was higher on these.
Should i get one of these or wait for zv4 18

Should i get one of these or wait for zv4 18
Probably start a different thread on it in the right section. But they are 2 different sized woofers, and will need different sized amps and electrical to power them properly, in short.

What many folks don't understand is this (not you... but other folks) -- manufacturers can say all day long a sub has 40mm of x-max -- ask them for a Klippel or the math on how their surround is going to handle that without tearing.

An LMS-5400 Ultra 18 surround maxes out around 38mm or so.

These are no BS high displacement woofers -- suspension (surround AND spider) capacity that is incredibly high and class leading BL limited excursion in the 30mm+ range (soon to be Klippel verified).

As of now the X-8 is pending it's new surround tooling to be completed to have an actual prototype built ; the motor used on the "prototype" was an SA-12 motor and the X-8 will have it's own motor entirely as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

sundownz

Pro Seller
Supporting Vendor
sundownz
North Carolina
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date