Supeing up a 89 legend is it worth it?

Geminidj2000
10+ year member

The Bad Luck Kid
Denver
I spent 1400 on my 1989 legend ls at a auction is it worth supeing up? i was thinking 2000 for the sound system 2000 body kit 100o on rims and the rest on intake and engin work not to much its a automatic so that about 7000 dollars same as a 94 v-tec integra with out the hi insurance whats do u guys think?

Personally, I would just put a stereo in your current vehicle....and wait until a nice car comes along and buy it:)

- Steve

true i was thinking that to..... but i was looking on this site and i saw some pimped out ones and i thought hmmif i put a fin on it some 17's v-tec lights, alluminumed the inside got a intake mod chip helped the intake and outtake valvels then i could get a 180+ horepower automatic that looks snazy pluse it would be a hella good transformation i mean eveybodies getting new body kit cars what if i bodied my acura legend? ill post pictures when i start making the renovations

Body kits are a complete waste of money as far as "suping up" goes. they will only get you made fun of, trust me. take that 2 grand and put it either in the engine, or towards a new car. why would pay more for a bumper than you paid for your entire car?

I dont think ill get a body kit on it i think ill just get a fin and some aztek lights and some rims..... i could go out an get a better car but ...... i sorta like my legend and the insurance isnt that hig im sure with a couple of thing to the engine ill be able to hit 200 horse power

if i were you, i would only put stuff on that car that you can take out and put on the next car, such as, wheels, sound system...the spoiler kits on that car look ugly to me and if you get some nice wheels, and some tint it would look very nice. spend the money on the audio system, and maybe a video system that you can take out and put into the next car.

Originally posted by lamontjersey if i were you, i would only put stuff on that car that you can take out and put on the next car, such as, wheels, sound system...the spoiler kits on that car look ugly to me and if you get some nice wheels, and some tint it would look very nice. spend the money on the audio system, and maybe a video system that you can take out and put into the next car.
that could be the first sensible thing that ive ever heard lamont say. maybe ill give him a chance :p

180 hp in an 89 legend? i dotn' know about that. you probably have to put some serious money in the engine. i would go with steve tho, make some few mods, like sound system and an intake n stuff. Later, get another car that it's worth it to supe it up and that you are gonna keep for couple years. cuz if u supe up ur legend and you wont' keep it for long then it's not worth it.

Originally posted by Geminidj2000 I dont think ill get a body kit on it i think ill just get a fin and some aztek lights and some rims..... i could go out an get a better car but ...... i sorta like my legend and the insurance isnt that hig im sure with a couple of thing to the engine ill be able to hit 200 horse power
dont count on 200 horsies with a couple of things...unless one of those things is a turbo, supercharger, or nitrous(dont recommend any of these for a car as old as yours). i dont know what they have stock but im going to guess around 150 to the crank, which is like 115 to the wheels or so. i'd say save your money for something, even if it's an older 240 or crx or something. you would have a much better chance of hitting 200 w/ one of those.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.