Sweet!

Participant count
  • Participant list

RandyJ
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
USA
Some of yall know that my friends and I build a race car, if you don't know, then check us out here. http://www.odumotorsports.com

Anyways

We got four hours of run time in with the car tonight. We are usign the 05' ECU for a base map, we were having problems coming up with one without a Dyno on the 06' ECU. Our fuel filter was clogged to hell which was attributing to alllll sorts of problems we were having. We thought we might have been collapsing the rings with the vacuum our dry sump set-up is pulling, but it was the filter all along. We still need to look into the vacuum and possibly get a regulator for it. It ***** a lotttt:yumyum:

Overall, this thing hauls ass and cuts like a mofo with just a base tune and semi-finalized suspension. We scraped our carbon fiber undertray down to the foam:crazy:

Oh yea, we broke it too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Yay!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif :D

looks like a werid formula ford.
There are a lot of teams that are insprired by the old Fords. I don't much like the 05 cars body (one closest in the pic), this years car will be a lot longer, a lot lower and sleeker looking, much more like an F1 car.

028COPY.jpg

There are a lot of teams that are insprired by the old Fords. I don't much like the 05 cars body (one closest in the pic), this years car will be a lot longer, a lot lower and sleeker looking, much more like an F1 car.

028COPY.jpg
i am speaking of the current formula fords.

We machined a new spindel, new caliper mount, finished the new steering system and fixed the upright and got the car out tonight. Boy is this sum ***** crazy:crazy:

also i dont know if they are just for fun but if you actually are in like a league or something like that, are you gonna be going to mid-ohio.

halla, i like those cars would love to drive one!!!!
I would love to drive it as well. Unfortunately, we have been so busy just trying to get this one ready for competition that we have had no time to teach newer drivers, or even see if anyone can drive. To even qualify though you need to earn a certain time at the local AIK track. We had an unfortunate incident a few years back when an unexperienced driver wrecked and caused some damage.

looks cool man. i bet they are fun as hell to drive. what kinda speeds you get up to.
Well, when you can tilt the car on it's side at a 72* angle and have it balance itself, you can imagine what types of g's we can get into on a course //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

Last years car was gear limited to 81mph (gsxr motor and gearbox), this years car will top out at about 111mph (cbrRR motor and box). Second gear tops out around 65MPH, and in the parking lots here at school, we are going through our home made auto-x at the top of second. 0-60 in this car has yet to be measured, but in the 05' car, we reached 60mph in something like 3.1 seconds.

Dang love it.............How much
This years vehicle, including all estimated labor costs, estimated machine work costs and including the price we would have spent had we not won the cbrRR motor would be around $17,000. There are schools like University of texas at Arlington that spend twice that, anually.

also i dont know if they are just for fun but if you actually are in like a league or something like that, are you gonna be going to mid-ohio.
It is a school club. Many universities across the world have the club. Formula SAE competition for ths part of the competition is in 10 days, and around 140 universities will be attending. if you attend a university and are interested, check into it. I know some places it is a course, others, like ODU, it is simply a club that you join.

By the way, the competition this year is at Ford proving Grounds, Romeo, Michigan:up2somet: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

http://www.fsae.com/

Forgot to give that addy incase anyone was interested. If anyone is in or around Norfolk and wants to check the car out, PM me and we can find some time for ya to stop by and see what were doing.

Also, I'll get some video up as soon as the lazy ass shop manager uploads it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif:D:D:D:d

thats awesome im gonna be starting college in the fall so im definently going to be looking into this. sounds like a lot of fun.

thats awesome im gonna be starting college in the fall so im definently going to be looking into this. sounds like a lot of fun.
Hell yea man, it is A LOTTTT of fun, and you learn so much. Honestly, not many people can say that they hand crafted a car from the ground up. Design and build the chassis, suspension, drivetrain, exhaust, intake, seat, body, rotors, brake system, gas tank. Even the **** throttle body is designed by us and a lot of it could have been machined by us had we received our Mill earlier in the year.

yea now that i see that UA is a participant i know exaxtly about this. well just the basics. my one math teacher who was really into designing and racing cars was telling me all about it. sounds just like the kinda stuff i dream of doing. ***** that UA ***** though. only one win come on whats that about. i thought UA would be better seeing as though the engineering program is great.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.