switched remote amp wire.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Dakota rt pilot

CarAudio.com Newbie
hey,,, i want to put an on/off switch in my Dakota r/t for my amp/subs. i'll put a two prong switch inline with blue rem wire, but my question is, with the off switch in the rem line to power off the amp. at times, would the amp still be hot/powered due to the 12v line connected to battery ? or would the amp be powered down with rem switch off negating the 12v while it's off. ?

hey,,, i want to put an on/off switch in my Dakota r/t for my amp/subs. i'll put a two prong switch inline with blue rem wire, but my question is, with the off switch in the rem line to power off the amp. at times, would the amp still be hot/powered due to the 12v line connected to battery ? or would the amp be powered down with rem switch off negating the 12v while it's off. ?
If I'm understanding your question, the amp will stay off until triggered by the remote wire.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

Similar threads

u may be referring to the yellow wire and red wire. But there's a voltage drop just at the on position. So no signals come in via antenna. Or...
Hi everyone... reaching out because I'm a beginner in car audio and need some help understanding how to correctly mount my new radio. I have a...
Those look like decent cheaper options for sure and probably fine for some systems, but I agree, Audiocontrol has been making high quality stuff...
Is there an external fuse mounted near that amp going to it? If so, make sure it is not grounding out some how. Frayed wire touching ground or...
Usually when you shop for a replacement harness for your model, you will find the pictures may show you in what pins your wires go to.

About this thread

Dakota rt pilot

CarAudio.com Newbie
Dakota rt pilot
Rochester, New York
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from