Switching Head Units

Participant count
  • Participant list
Currently I have a Pioneer DEH-P3700MP head unit in my truck, it doesn't have a 3.5 mm aux or a usb port though and i would like to upgrade. If I get another Pioneer Head unit is all I have to do is take out the old one unplug the wiring and plug it into the new one or do I have to rewire it for the new one?

Ok, do yall think its worth rewiring? The guy who helped me install it last time was ex-military and had taken classes that taught him how to do NASA level soldering, unfortunately I moved so i'm on my own on this one. Do yall suggest I try to learn how to solder or just twist the wires and put electrical tape or those clip things on them?

I do not advise you to solder wires together for a head unit,..especially inside a vehicle!You can twist the wires together and use tape,but i use the clear wire crimp caps,are cheap, and easy to use too.You can get a package at walmart/autozone or? for about 3-8.00? maybe,or if you just want to twist the wire together..I recommend 1/2inch heat shrink that works great for about 3.00 or so for a small package also,and seals nicely/forms tightly,and looks great when finished???Hope this has helped

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.