tach wire, neutral safety switch?

Participant count
  • Participant list

pontiac_rayzer
10+ year member

ok, here's the thing i'm installing a viper alarm with remote start, i've got almost all the things the alarm is supposed to do working //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif, but i can't seem to get the remote start to work:verymad:, i can't find the tach wire and the neutral safety switch on a 2000 lincoln town car:confused:, if someone can tell me where to find those wires i would really appreciate it.

ok, here's the thing i'm installing a viper alarm with remote start, i've got almost all the things the alarm is supposed to do working //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif, but i can't seem to get the remote start to work:verymad:, i can't find the tach wire and the neutral safety switch on a 2000 lincoln town car:confused:, if someone can tell me where to find those wires i would really appreciate it.
NSS wire ( The Black White) Gets grounded or put on a toggle switch but must be grounded to start. Tach can be found at a injector, or coil. Also, Vipers have nice Voltage Sense modes that i have never had a problem with, so maybe try voltage set to 1 sec, and then the low setting.

Good luck bro.

NSS wire ( The Black White) Gets grounded or put on a toggle switch but must be grounded to start. Tach can be found at a injector, or coil. Also, Vipers have nice Voltage Sense modes that i have never had a problem with, so maybe try voltage set to 1 sec, and then the low setting.
Good luck bro.
thanks for the help man i'll try to check the injector or coil to see if i can find it.

yeah ground out the neutral saftey wire and go to an injector green/white or grn/yel toward the front of the engine.
green white or green yellow? ok toward the front of engine i think i got it but i will continue tomorrow ill let you know what happens. btw thanks for the help:)

Check your tach wire by setting your multimeter to ac... one side to ground and the other to the wire... as the car is reved up you should see an increase in voltage and a drop when it goes back down.

I always use voltage sensing though... one second crank time.

Check your tach wire by setting your multimeter to ac... one side to ground and the other to the wire... as the car is reved up you should see an increase in voltage and a drop when it goes back down.
I always use voltage sensing though... one second crank time.
thanks for the help, i got it working:D but now i have one last problem:crazy:

i can't get the horn to work, is there anything i might be doing wrong? here's how i got it connected........

87 alarm wire 87a horn wire lcm side 30 horn wire other side and 85 and 86 ground and 12v fused.

any help is greatly appreciated:)

Why are you using a relay for the horn? Is it positive trigger? The reason nothing is happening is because you have no trigger for the relay. You cant just ground 85 and put power to 86. You need a switching output on one or the other.

Why are you using a relay for the horn? Is it positive trigger? The reason nothing is happening is because you have no trigger for the relay. You cant just ground 85 and put power to 86. You need a switching output on one or the other.
positive trigger? no its a negative trigger so how should i do it:confused:

What model Viper is it? Is there a dedicated horn output or are you using the siren output? If there is a negative horn output you shouldnt even need a relay.

What model Viper is it? Is there a dedicated horn output or are you using the siren output? If there is a negative horn output you shouldnt even need a relay.
its the 5900 i think its the model number, and yeah there is a dedicated horn output but it says on the manual to use a relay so what do you think:crap:

I dont for the code alarm pieces but if it says to use one than I would. But I dont use sirens so that may be why.

85 is the horn output from alarm

86 is 12v

87 is ground.

30 to horn.

I dont for the code alarm pieces but if it says to use one than I would. But I dont use sirens so that may be why.
85 is the horn output from alarm

86 is 12v

87 is ground.

30 to horn.
ok now i got it, thanks man:D

i appreciate all the help:veryhapp:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.