TBI tweeter review(see DIYMA)

Participant count
  • Participant list

foreman
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
NY
OK, this will not be the most eloquent review, but it is straight to the point....

These replaced Canton T-25 tweeters....For those not in the know, they are metal done on a soft(fabric) surround---very mellow for a hard dome...

Ok, so my initial feelings were these appeared very bright, almost harsh--keep in mind i'm running them off axis in my A-pillars, and no where near aimed at glass. But, upon break in, they really started to shine. I'm at the point where i hear them revealing detail i haven't heard in some time. They are react close to metal domes i've heard over the years, but without the harshness, and they have an inherent smoothness at higher frequencies thats hard to explain. The more material i play through them, the more i like them, and with ver little fatigue. All my Jennifer Warnes Clair Marlo, and Rippingtons sound alive again. I'm sorry i didn't audition them sooner. They don't have quite the punch or sheer volume of the QTD-25 i was using in my Quart setup, but its not far off. And sounds better IMO, but i'm a softdome fan. If you like softdome tweeters, but are put off by losing some higher end detail, or love hard domes but don't like their harshness(not all mind you) This is a good bet to try. I'm running them at 3k btw, and they sound great. I've played with them lower and they sound good, but my sound stage is highest and centered better at that freq. Try them, you won't be sorry....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

foreman

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
foreman
NY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies