tech difficulties with sub/amp install

Participant count
  • Participant list

acura cl
10+ year member

miami
Hey i really need everybodys help who has an idea of what they are talking about,

ok i have 2 12 Audiobahn 1206Q's and an 1800classD amp also from audiobahn, so then the store installed it and im on my way home, and once i get home i turn my car off (stupid idea) because when i try to turn it back on half an hour later the battery is dead! so besides gettin another battery, whats my choices here and what could be the problem? also as i was comin home and bassing my SRS light came on, why would this come on and how do i make it go away... haha

any help to this newbie would be greatly appreciated

thanks

First off, those subs are rated at 1100W and that amp puts out 1800W @ 1 ohm. That kind of current draw is probably taxing you battery and alternator right off the bat. Add air conditioning, headlights, etc and you are probably pulling more current from the battery than your amplifier can replenish. A high output alternator and a better battery could relieve that problem.

A second reason could be the guys that installed the system. Never underestimate the stupidity of the installers(the few that give bad reps to the rest of us). It might be something as simple as them hooking up the system using a constant 12v line to turn(and leave) the amps on.

I'd go with the first but it never hurts to check to see if the amps are still on when the vehicle is parked without the keys. A cheap five minute fix is better than spending an additional $300 for a electrical system upgrade(even though you still might need it).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.