The battery connection...

bbrown323
10+ year member

Simple elementary question that I can't find the answer to...

How does everyone connect their amp power wires to the battery? I have seen the dual wire terminals, one for the car one for the amp, and I guess you can use a ring terminal and attach it to the bolt of the terminal?

Is there any way else?

Which is the best?

Is it difficult to put new dual terminal on preexisting car wire?

Is a ring terminal sufficient?

Wondering,

Ben:eek:

there are numerous ways. they make battery terminals with set screws and ones that use rings. first does your battery have side, top, or both posts? if it has both, is it side or top for the factory wire?

its not difficult at all, and you could use your top post if your battery has them. alot of people will just use a ring terminal or a terminal like below. it all depends on how your battery is. where you connect it doesnt really matter, its more of what you use to connect it, and how clean of connection it is.

stingerterminal.jpg

here is a terminal you could use instead of your side post, but only if you battery has top posts. i wouldnt use this brand but you could find different brands like this.

My battery terminals are on top. They are connected to the wire with a horseshoe shaped connector with a bolt to tighten the horseshoe...does that make any sense?

Im a bit scared to swap out to another connector completely as the positive cable has a thin secondary wire running its length (to I have no idea where).

therefore hoping for an easier way to hook to battery, ie ring terminal on bolt.

I use batteries that have 3/8" studs, or inlets.

So, Ring Terminals and Nuts or Bolts.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

nG

well you could purchase this battery terminal from http://www.cardomain.com/item/STISBTR28NPT for $13.95. if you have basic tools such as an allen wrench and some wire cutters and strippers, you should not have any problem installing this terminal. if you feel like you would have trouble then post a pic up of your current battery and battery cables and we could tell you what to do. this terminal also has the top bolt that you can unscrew and put a 5/16 ring terminal around and has to additional 8 guage outputs. i think that this termianl should suit you just fine

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bbrown323

10+ year member
bbrown323
Charlotte, NC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from