The newbie guide to custom sail tweeter pods

Participant count
  • Participant list

GCAdidas13
10+ year member

heh.
Please take the time to click the following link. It is a link to a lengthy fiberglassing tutorial I just wrote about how to fiberglass tweeters into sail panels by means of fiberglass reinforced body filler, also known as kitty hair. I've spent about four hours so far on this project, and it is turning out great so far, I just don't have my camera to take a picture of my current work, only last night's work is shown.

GCAdidas13's Sail Tweeter Pod Tutorial

Thank you all!

i am about to start mine on the A pilliar after reading this i just poped them out of there mount and held them at a different angle and it sounds so much better

They should point towards the other side's passenger's chin. It turns out to be about 30 degrees, but you should check to make sure. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Yeah, really. That's the best approach, to tell the truth. I used double-sided tape, and found a little bit of difference in slightly different angles, but not much.

i started mine today and i used the hot glue gun. that kittyhair is some of the messiest stuff i have ever used. how many layers of that did u use? i have only used one and then started to use bondo kuz i am a bondo wizard

i did one medium coat, then one thick coat, then i filled in big problems with it after that in small quantities. have fun, they're really fun to do, i finished mine today. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

if i were you - id mix in a little bit of acetone to thin up the hardner\hair solution. that way its eaiser to work with.

for me- it wasnt really messy at all //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

also - try putting some PAM cooking spray on your gloves while you work with it.

well my pods are finished, if you want to look at them check out the new posts over at my project log, clickable down in my signature. Thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

If you liked the project please tell me, so i know about how many people would benefit from me writing a tutorial... it's a pretty easy project, but let me know //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.