The viberator build thread(start to finish inside)

CH@Dbee
10+ year member

I <3 MY NIKON
ATL HO!
sorry i didnt do this as a build thread with updates but i was really busy with the install, atleast i did take some pictures along the way.

the car, my 2003 pontiac vibe GT....

crazy1done111.jpg

with me and my friend kevin on this car it took about 35-40 hours from start to finish with about 25 hours in deadening work alone. got done last night about midnight!

the car came with a Pioneer FH-B8000BT and JL Audio Co-ax's. the plan for the build is something that is decently loud but sounds very good. not worried about what it does on the meter or looking to win any SQ comps. i just want a well rounded audio set-up that sounds great listening to rage against the machine or pastor troy and hits HARD when i want it to.

after switching gear a few times i got the equipment i knew i would be happy with. i have been stacking this stuff up in my living room for the past few months.

T3 Audio T.2000 15" and 2 sets of T3 6.5" components

stackingaudio.jpg

TEC-350-T3-T2000-18D.JPG

001.jpg

004.jpg

XS power 5100R battery, Knukonceptz Kolossus 1/0 and 4 gauge, Knukonceptz Krystal Kable RCA's and fuses and fuse holders

battwire.jpg

second skin damp pro

damp.jpg

changed the amps i was going to use cause i got a good deal on something with more power and the owner of T3 really wanted my T3 125.4 to run in his demo vehicle(thats was the only T3 125.4 amp in the world)

new amps are MB Quart DSC 125.4 and 2000.1

MBQ.jpg

voltage remote knob for the 2000.1 sub amp with the RCA's

remote.jpg

enclosure built by AMI Creations, 3.5CU FT tuned to 36HZ(i will paint he port nxt week i promise lol)

box.jpg

install time!

termis.jpg

batts.jpg

stripped.jpg

battin.jpg

big 3...

big.jpg

bigtwist.jpg

backdeaden.jpg

compcback.jpg

subwire.jpg

amprack.jpg

DSC_2774.jpg

DSC_2770.jpg

DSC_2781.jpg

DSC_2782.jpg

DSC_2778.jpg

inner and out door skins were deadened crossovers were mounted then the factory plastic rain shield stuff was put back in. everything was ziptied, wires in the engine bay also had wire loom on them, everything was done RIGHT and as cleanly as possible. after about an hour of tuning is a parking lot at midnight it was done deal. it sounds pretty good, not an SQ competition car by any means but it is very pleasing to listen to. when i put in some hard rock it just freakin jams out but when i put in some jezzy and turn that knob up....my rear view mirror is worthless..........

rearview.jpg

over all im very happy with the way the install turned out and the sub is being broke in now, tonight its a ton louder than it was 24 hours ago, with some songs i can sit there and watch my steering wheel flex a half an inch, its awesome lol

anyways thats about it lol

HUGE THANK YOU'S GO OUT TO THESE PEOPLE, WITHOUT THEM THIS HONESTLY WOULD HAVE NOT GOT DONE ANYTIME IN THE NEAR FUTURE....

T3 AUDIO(SOME OF THE BEST SUBS AND COMPONENTS IN THE INDUSTRY, THANK YOU JD...FOR EVERYTHING!)

DYNAMIC SOUND(BY FAR THE BEST AUDIO SHOP IN THE ATLANTA AREA, THANK YOU SO MUCH JASON!)

AMI CREATIONS(AWESOME ENCLOSURE BUILDER!!! THANK YOU MIKE!!!)

KEVIN AKA AV8TER(FOR ALL THE ADVICE AND HELP AND THE INSTALL WORK, YOUR THE FAWKIN MAN UGH!)

Awesome build man... The T3 stuff looks nice
thank you very much. it looks really really nice but all ******** aside i have been super impressed with this T2K 15". in my vibe it just fawkin hammers dude. i did not think it was gonna be THAT loud lol

how are the t3 components. Im looking for a good 3-way set for my g6.
i happen to have 2 sets of them for sale //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

they are nice comps for the money for sure. the mids and nice, warm and punchy, the tweets are a tad bright but im running them at -3 and with some adjustments on the HU they sound great. the wire that comes with them is kinda small but thats not really too big of a deal. over all i like them.

i just went on the site and didnt see 3-ways though. Hmm. How are the mbquarts for sq. I am going as much sq as possible. Im getting the fi q 10" and still trying to figure out the rest. Thanks for the responses.

i just went on the site and didnt see 3-ways though. Hmm. How are the mbquarts for sq. I am going as much sq as possible. Im getting the fi q 10" and still trying to figure out the rest. Thanks for the responses.
oh yeah they dont make 3 way comps sorry lol uh they are alright, they sound good but they are not high end SQ amps by any means.

nice build...check out some of my build logs
thanks dude!

a lot of //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/boink.gif.91933e72f927f2cefc79aff02573090c.gif in em'.
orly? im so there. no ****.

miss my dsc 2000
its a beast for sure!

How much where the speakers and sub if you dont mind me asking?
you would have to email Ed on that one. im not sure how much they cost lol

thank you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.