The worst you've been ripped off by your local shop?

ya it ***** but they make their money off of people who dont do their research.. the average joe that wants some bump in their trunk cuz they think itd be cool.. those are the kinds of people who will spend ridiculous amounts of money on **** from a shop

you should have known better

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_10115_Power+Acoustik+PTID-4007.html

local shop had one of these on display for $450 dollars.. i asked dude why it was so high and he replied "thats how much high end indash units cost" i call him out on them being under $200 all day long online.. and he says "i'd buy em all day for $200 if thats how much they cost" and i hit him with a They do cost $200 all day, ***.. then left as my friend laughed in his face

When i was like 16 or so i bought a alpine mpr-350 for 220 dollars. That was even when they were getting rid of that line/model amp. Then i found out those amps could be had for around half price brand new, i dont remember how much later after i bougth it it was tho. Either way, i cant believe i paid 220 for a 350rms amp.

Ive never bougth anything else from a shop. Other than a fuse holder at the time of purchase of the amp.

You cant compare online prices to local B&M prices. If you owned a business that had to compete with internet sales, you would understand. No, they wont refund you, nor should they. Chalk it up to experience.

You have to consider a shop close to will always charge more than online. Why you ask.

1. Cause its convenient and right there.

2. You dont have to wait 3-7 days on shipping.

3. Overhead on a shop its out of control.

There are many factors that come into play. As a buddy of mine owns a shop in hawaii. He always gave me a good deal but for the normal person its gonna be high.

Don't you realize that online prices are dealer cost or below?

Why do you think REAL audio shops are going to brands that do not sell online?

Think about it, if you could buy a new car for the same price the dealership buys it...would the dealership still be in business?

No, not unless they can offer quality service. (repairs, installs, warranty work)

BTW, warranty DOES NOT MEAN you can blow up your subs/speakers/amps w/ a beautifully executed squarewave and return them.

AKA, my buddy said he can make my amp hit louder.

true but it still ***** that shops charge so much over than what they should
Who's to say what they "should" charge?

There are companies that offer $14,000 RCA cables, as long as people buy them, who's to say they're wrong? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

first amp i bought, power acoustic 100watt rms x2 channel. I paid 220$ , went online few weeks later, it was 40$+shipping

shops in quebec are so much worst than yours

Was looking for some deadner.

1 local shop wanted to charge me $135+ tax for a dynamat door pack.

They're ~50 on ebay lol

another shop im close with gave me a deal tho for $30:)

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_10115_Power+Acoustik+PTID-4007.html
local shop had one of these on display for $450 dollars.. i asked dude why it was so high and he replied "thats how much high end indash units cost" i call him out on them being under $200 all day long online.. and he says "i'd buy em all day for $200 if thats how much they cost" and i hit him with a They do cost $200 all day, ***.. then left as my friend laughed in his face

I would have asked them how many they want and then asked for a credit card number.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.