This cannot be good! Fried my amp. (Gut pics inside)

Not to be a **** or anything but isn't listening to it at max unclipped volume pushing it hard..? Not sure what else would be pushing it hard //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
What for 5 minutes? ive pushed it pretty hard before on long drives to baker city and bacc and it barley gets warm.

I think db is probably right tho. when i opened up the amp there were wet spots on parts of it. Just look at the pictures. Coincidentally it happened after i washed my car.

From pics it looks like it got wet shorted the ic bored that fried the fets

That brown liquid doesn't look like water, it might be resin from solder from the factory or a leaked/blown capacitor nearby. OP if the "water" is not gooey or solid then it's probably from the car wash, and you have more things to worry about if your car leaks in a car wash.

That brown liquid is not water, it's either resin from solder from the factory or a leaked/blown capacitor nearby.
Yea it kind of looks like i spilled Dr.pepper on parts of the board. At this point i am kind of stumped. I emailed Soundstream about repairing it or replacing it, now i am just waiting for a response bacc.

Ok i took my amplifier apart and tested the liquid substance and it is not goey. In maybe a couple tiny spots it is, but mostly i think it was just water. I touched it and rubbed it between my fingers to test it and i also found where it burnt or fried. pics will be below. please let me know what you think...

2013-03-28_10-05-59_506_zps59f1b2ac.jpg

2013-03-28_10-05-30_108_zps311afd61.jpg

Back is spelling with a c and a k. Check is also spelled with a c and a k. English words very rarely end in cc, if ever.

Do NOT ever mount this particular amplifier on the subwoofer box! Well, this is cheap (good enough for that money) amplifier, main PCB is not enough secured from vibrations, sooner or later the the transistors, regulators and rectifier legs will broke off the board. Also the weak point of this amplifier is the driver board (vertical baord), SS could design it better, or at least fix the "bugs", because it's a clone amp.

Do NOT ever mount this particular amplifier on the subwoofer box! Well, this is cheap (good enough for that money) amplifier, main PCB is not enough secured from vibrations, sooner or later the the transistors, regulators and rectifier legs will broke off the board. Also the weak point of this amplifier is the driver board (vertical baord), SS could design it better, or at least fix the "bugs", because it's a clone amp.
Yup had to learn that the hard way of course. Thanks for all of the responses guys, I really appreciate it. Idk what to do at this point in time...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.