this car has alot cables

how is is remotley possible to put 46 runs on 2 batteries? I have to see pics of that. Seriously. send me a picture of how to put 46 runs on 2 batteries. Even 23 runs on one battery

It's still a FIAT //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

how is is remotley possible to put 46 runs on 2 batteries? I have to see pics of that. Seriously. send me a picture of how to put 46 runs on 2 batteries. Even 23 runs on one battery
Long bus bars.

sorry guys but do you guys do db drag or know about SPL ?

I love how many people keep saying 'you just dont understand' and yet nobody, not one of you, will bother explaning why 46 runs from 2 batteries is necessary.

If you are trying to look super smart, just typing out "you dont understand" aint gonna cut it. If you aren't gonna answer the question posed, why are you bothering to respond at all?

arent you still going to bottleneck the electrical flow when you run one line to the amp?
Resistance is established by run length, not just amount of copper in the cross section. If the single run to the amp is largest enough gauge and a short enough run, it could display just as little resistance as those 23 runs coming back from the front batts.

There is a point where more wire doesn't benefit you. I believe one db drag competitor said it was around 20 runs total. Beyond that there wasn't much benefit.

But that was in a street A vehicle with only one battery and less power.

46 does seem a bit excessive though.

IIRC, wire tends to store a bit of a charge. More wire=more juice. More juice=more power. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

There is a point where more wire doesn't benefit you. I believe one db drag competitor said it was around 20 runs total. Beyond that there wasn't much benefit.
But that was in a street A vehicle with only one battery and less power.

46 does seem a bit excessive though.

IIRC, wire tends to store a bit of a charge. More wire=more juice. More juice=more power. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I'm sure that wire holds a few pF of charge. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Anyway, I would have to do up the math which I'm not going to do because I don't care, but you might run into higher induction between the two cables. Just because of the SHEER amount of copper you have there. If that was to occur you are actually going to put a delay on the rate which the current flow reacts to demand. Also I saw several cables which were different lengths. That is a no no. They could develop under load oscillations in the cables creating harmonics and heat. Which could cause a major system melt down. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

I understand the OP's thinking process behind wanting to do this. But, there is a point where certain things are irrelevant. What is even the maximum current draw of those amplifiers? 300 Amps? Even if the maximum peak current was 1000 Amps the load of each cables (assuming 46 means ground & positive so there is 23 ground and output power cables) is 43.47 amps.

Just some thoughts.

im pretty sure they he knows plenty of competitors out there with pandas and how the world record holders are doing thier wiring. if it wasnt gonna benefit he wouldnt be doing it. he went and visited and stayed with some of the top street competitors in the world a few weeks ago and seen thier installs. im sure he took it by what they did.

I'm sure that wire holds a few pF of charge. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
Anyway, I would have to do up the math which I'm not going to do because I don't care, but you might run into higher induction between the two cables. Just because of the SHEER amount of copper you have there. If that was to occur you are actually going to put a delay on the rate which the current flow reacts to demand. Also I saw several cables which were different lengths. That is a no no. They could develop under load oscillations in the cables creating harmonics and heat. Which could cause a major system melt down. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

I understand the OP's thinking process behind wanting to do this. But, there is a point where certain things are irrelevant. What is even the maximum current draw of those amplifiers? 300 Amps? Even if the maximum peak current was 1000 Amps the load of each cables (assuming 46 means ground & positive so there is 23 ground and output power cables) is 43.47 amps.

Just some thoughts.
I think those are 5000+ watt amps, so 300 amps is a gross undersestimate.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.