This is kind of OT but..

T9X
10+ year member

Best thang smokin'!
The time has come and I need to buy myself a car. (My parents allow me to drive their '04 Saturn Vue but restrict what I can do/put into it very tightly) I've got about $3,500-$4,000 to play around with and need something reliable and good on gas. I'm open to cars, trucks, and SUVs. If anyone has any recommendations, I'd appreciate your input.

well which do u prefer and how old are you that could be a nice down payment on a nicer/newer car but u can be looking at like an older eclipse or civic maybe a ranger or s10 and a explorer but then your asking yourself how long are they gunna last.....

I'm 18 but don't have any credit right now and I doubt my parents will let me use their credit for a down payment.

What I would prefer -

-2 door coupe

-Truck would be a second choice

-V6 or V8

-Foreign or domestic, doesn't matter

-Moreless reliable past 100,000 miles

But remember, I'm open to anything. With only $4,000 tops to spend, I don't think I can be too picky.

I would say look into some type of Toyota, very very reliable vehicles. That is all we have bought for the last 20 years. Maybe an older Camry, or you could prolly find an older 4Runner

Yea, all really high on insurance. 240SX is killer, I was going to buy one till I found out the insurance. I'd get a Civic/Cavy/Sunfire or something along those lines...

Get an older (93+) Fbod, you'll be hard pressed to find a better dollar/performance ratio. The LT1 parts are getting cheaper and the motor/tranny combo is rock solid. Just don't put too much power to the weak ass rear end.

Excuse my ignorance but Fbody = Firebird? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Get an older (93+) Fbod, you'll be hard pressed to find a better dollar/performance ratio. The LT1 parts are getting cheaper and the motor/tranny combo is rock solid. Just don't put too much power to the weak ass rear end.
Insurance is even more killer on those. For me(18 yoa, one ticket), a 94 z28 would have been about 489 a month full coverage.

well I have a 87 Toyota supra. Needs an engine put it in and a tranny(maybe I have that too). I have the engine for sure.

Have a full size chevy van! 350 sb

Have an 88 Jeep Cherokee 4-dr w/ 6.5" lift and 33s.

just get an s10 or blazer with the 4.3L v6....They will run FOREVER, mine at 150k miles, and we have a van wiht the 4.3 that has over 250k miles on it, and it runs awsome.

Later

-Ryan

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.