Hey guys, quick question(s)

I have a simple amp, Audiobahn A8000T

the specs on it are:

1600W Max, Intake Series Monoblock Amplifier

RMS Power Output:

400 watts x 1 chan. @ 4 ohms

800 watts x 1 chan. @ 2 ohms

Max Power Output: 1600 watts @ 2 ohms

I'm looking for a sub for it roughly in the $100-$130 or less range, I don't have a box so it doesn't have to adhere to a box I already have or anything

I was told this was a good sub, and that it would work with my amp. But my Amp says 400W at 4ohms and this sub is rated at 600w. Now I don't understand Ohm and I am trying to learn all of that but wouldn't that mean this sub would be 200w under powered by my amp? I hope I'm posting in the right section

Dayton Audio RSS265HO-4 10" Reference HO Subwoofer 4 Ohm

If this sub wont work can anyone suggest a good sub in my price range that will work with the Amplifier I have, I would really appreciate it

I've got a 12'' IA Lethal injection that's a d4 I could do for 130 shipped if you are interested. It's a beast and with it being d4 it's perfect for your amp.

I would have to think on it, I am a little leery of buying used especially when it is something I don't know a lot about

I would have to think on it, I am a little leery of buying used especially when it is something I don't know a lot about
i will take PHisHead's offer. with the reputation Incriminator Audio has, you will not have any doubts about buying it. to be quiet honest, there is nothing wrong buying used subs (unless the coils are half-way cooked). you can always reconed them from 1/3 of the retail price. not only IA(incriminator audio) is a good company, but look into DC audio, Degital Design, Ascedant Audio, Audioque, Sundown audio, Sound solutions(ssa), T3, Fi Caraudio, and i think im missing a few but will let you know or others will too.

Nothing wrong with the Dayton stuff. Everything else mentioned here would do well too. That's a really ****** amp though so you'll want to be careful you don't blow up it or your sub(s)

I've been using this amp for 6 years, have never had any problems with it so far. I don't have the money to upgrade my amp or anything at the moment because I'm doing an engine swap ect and I sold the xplod amp and dual bandpass lit up cheesy subs and box that were in the car when I bought it and thats the money I am using to buy a sub with.

I'm still confused, wouldn't if I get a 4 ohm subwoofer it would have to be 400 watts or under? and if I get a 2ohm it would have to be 800 watts or under? or is there a way to run a 4ohm at 2 ohm or something?

thanks, I've usually been the ...walk into best buy..let them tell me what the best sub is...then walk out and buy it on ebay for a lot less...turn around and go back to the store and have them install it kind of person. I just knew what I wanted I never knew how things worked but now I'm wanting to put things together myself so I'm trying to pick up on all this, heck a week ago I had no idea how to wire up an amplifier. I don't have the money to get the type of system I really want but I gotta start somewhere, in the next couple months I plan to purchase a better alternator, I've already done the Big 3 upgrade and all that but I want to be able to push a system well without putting so much strain on the electrical system

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.