Thoughts on Caps???

caps don't work well in sub applications.if you use a cap set it up in line of your mid/highs amp.

that's all you relaly need to know. people don't really hate them here, they just find no use for them nor like when threads like this are created when one can search and find the same repeated answers.
If you dont like the thread than dont look at it.... You jumping on here to say "people don't really hate them here, they just find no use for them nor like when threads like this are created when one can search and find the same repeated answers." just shows how starved you are for attention. The reason I posted this question is because I wanted peoples opinions! I did search for my answer but than again im not asking a question am I? I want to know opinions!

If you dont like the thread than dont look at it.... You jumping on here to say "people don't really hate them here, they just find no use for them nor like when threads like this are created when one can search and find the same repeated answers." just shows how starved you are for attention. The reason I posted this question is because I wanted peoples opinions! I did search for my answer but than again im not asking a question am I? I want to know opinions!
it might actually help your system nominally, but hurt your electrical seriously. it's not a good trade off. imo.

Ive got an excelon 590 hu, excelon comps and coax, alpine 240 4 chann, jbl 600.1 sub amp, treo te 12 sealed, 1f cap, 4 gauge wire.
you don't need a cap. wire the alternator and battery under the hood with either 4 or 0 guage, and call it a day. the cap won't hurt anything if you like the looks of it. as long as your electrical system can handle the system on its own, then the cap can be added for aesthetics if nothing else.

you don't need a cap. wire the alternator and battery under the hood with either 4 or 0 guage, and call it a day. the cap won't hurt anything if you like the looks of it. as long as your electrical system can handle the system on its own, then the cap can be added for aesthetics if nothing else.
Cool, thanks.

Caps just introduce more resistance and that means more wasted energy in an already stretched electrical system.
So you would just take the cap out and leave it that way untill summer when I do the big3?

In your setup, yes. I really couldn't tell you when to use a cap.
Thanks, ill check that out. I did check the voltage at the amp and im getting 13.9 and it gets as low as 13.6 during hard bass hitts. Im curious to see if removing the cap will change things up?

Okay, for bass racing, and throwing tones on your giant SPL setup, caps should come last.

BUT, daily listening, music being dynamic, and amps RARELY drawing full current from a cars electrical system, caps can be helpful.

Music does not put GIANT strains on cars electrical systems, it just puts instantaneous ones on it, caps are good for instantaneous bursts of power.

But several Amp manufacturers will say those .5-1 farad caps will not help. Someting upwards of 4+ farad caps will do the trick.

Okay, for bass racing, and throwing tones on your giant SPL setup, caps should come last.BUT, daily listening, music being dynamic, and amps RARELY drawing full current from a cars electrical system, caps can be helpful.

Music does not put GIANT strains on cars electrical systems, it just puts instantaneous ones on it, caps are good for instantaneous bursts of power.

But several Amp manufacturers will say those .5-1 farad caps will not help. Someting upwards of 4+ farad caps will do the trick.
yeah, but you're only paying attention to nominal gains in sound system performance, than the masking of the strain on the alternator. if you are using a cap to "fix" dimming lights, than i say it's a bad idea. if you just want a cap, and your electrical system is good, then by all means, use one.

Okay, for bass racing, and throwing tones on your giant SPL setup, caps should come last.BUT, daily listening, music being dynamic, and amps RARELY drawing full current from a cars electrical system, caps can be helpful.

Understood. If your sure for me a larger cap would work better than ill look into it, otherwise im probably gonna keep the one I have and do the big3

THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM!THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM!THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM!THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM!THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM!THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM!THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM!THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM!THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM!THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM! THEY HURT MY EYES WHEN i TRY TO READ POSTS WITH THEM!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.