Thoughts on lifepo4 batteries?

So, i am looking for a new monster system. I came across this system on youtube.

I like the idea of this system.

Now stop where you are and quit hating on taramps. That is not the conversation.

How practical is this system and where could i get one of those juicebox batteries he has?

Sancheezy is currently running the Taramps high voltage 60K AFAIK. I'm not sure if he is using LiFePo or a huge bank of AGMs currently? He is active at Steve Meade board so you might could join up over there and PM him if you like his build.

Considering how little that vehicle flexes at 158dB I'd say there's a lot more going on in there than just power and batteries though. Hope you have a lot of money, skill, and time if you plan to recreate that.

Sancheezy is currently running the Taramps high voltage 60K AFAIK. I'm not sure if he is using LiFePo or a huge bank of AGMs currently? He is active at Steve Meade board so you might could join up over there and PM him if you like his build.
Considering how little that vehicle flexes at 158dB I'd say there's a lot more going on in there than just power and batteries though. Hope you have a lot of money, skill, and time if you plan to recreate that.
It flexes... a lot. The front doors sound like tin cans. I've got a few videos of it and it's definitely destroying the vehicle

He's using 18 XS D3400s but is having issues with the weight and has to be towed to shows now. I believe he was looking into a HV lithium setup.

He's running 2 of the 60k now, the most I've seen each amp clamp is 16k wired into the dirt, I believe it was at 0.125 to make that power.

Either way, his electrical would be more than sufficient for that power on 12v or HV. HV really is impractical because it can't be charged by alternators (yet). It also DQs you from most competition organizations

So, i am looking for a new monster system. I came across this system on youtube.

That system is not very practical because the amps blew at the first show he went to and the whole setup was changed.

LiFePO4 is nice for daily drivers as it has much more discharge capability than AGM with a lot less size and weight. It is expensive, though. But we will most likely be using lithium in our next demo build. Just be aware that capacity is relatively low compared to AGM so you need plenty of charging between runs.

The new Taramps are great amps, we are personally using two of the Bass 12k with 2 DSP1600 on mids next season. However I would stay away from the old T series amps and look at the new amps - HD8k EX, Bass 12k, HD15k, and DSP series for small amps.

If you're interested in any more info about LiFePO4 or Taramps I know quite a bit about both and am also a dealer for both, shoot me an email at damien@soundrive.audio or PM me. I'm not on the forums very often so it may take several days for me to reply here.

The most i know he has gotten out of them is 19,000w per amp.

He also has the wrong battery quantity for those amps.

He'd get the EXACT same output if he was running the 40k amps.

The most power i know of that has been clamped from the 60ks are 34,500w per amp.

Data we have suggests the amplifiers should be able to get by with around 44,000w best scenario without failure.

HV amps are all stable way below 1ohm so wiring low is no different than wiring at 1ohm on 12v.

The new 150,000w amplifier made by Taramp's shall be able to produce 100,000w sustained with the unholy battery bank.

Triple 4awg Speaker Outputs STOCK onboard amplifier.

The new 150,000w amplifier made by Taramp's shall be able to produce 100,000w sustained
Stringing together enough batteries to feed it 500V DC?

108882511_3640123_topsyB.jpg

I can't even remember how many batteries you'd need but i'll say without a doubt if you are not using lithium... that vehicle will not be mobile..

But also.. if you are using lithium.. you will not have enough money to eat after the purchase of that lithium bank after you pay for all the protection at such high voltage.

What i have learned from this so far is...

-lithium iron is powerful but not as powerful as sancheezy tried to make it

-it needs to charge for a while but can be used in short bursts or lower amperage for songs.

Thanks for yalls help

there's wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy more to lithium variants of batteries than that, you're seeing the very beginning scratches of the surface relating to their use in audio. they've completely transformed the battery market in almost every way except for implementation in larger power banks such as we use in car audio because the majority of industry driving the research is focused on making smaller batteries. not the mass produced batteries used in almost everything automotive because the average consumer market wont give two fucks about lithium, just cost, safety, and whether itll work for a while

I can't even remember how many batteries you'd need but i'll say without a doubt if you are not using lithium... that vehicle will not be mobile..
But also.. if you are using lithium.. you will not have enough money to eat after the purchase of that lithium bank after you pay for all the protection at such high voltage.
Realistically, it's not like 500-800V worth of AGM batteries is going to be cheap either. Even parts store brands are close to 200$ a pop for a 55ah size. If the LiFePo performs as well as the manufacturers (and guys using them) suggest the cost break down is pretty close to the same I think.

Realistically, it's not like 500-800V worth of AGM batteries is going to be cheap either. Even parts store brands are close to 200$ a pop for a 55ah size. If the LiFePo performs as well as the manufacturers (and guys using them) suggest the cost break down is pretty close to the same I think.
The best option for crazy high voltage would be a lower capacity, high voltage lithium bank. I could build a roughly 500v 40ah unit for ~$10k but that's with zero balancing or protection... cells would need to be closely monitored and manually balanced, which is pretty impractical for anything except strictly competing. But, HV makes you ineligible for nearly every competition organization in the USA.

Lol. Ah on batteries is near pointless. I never play my system with the car off.. that defeats the point of a car system.

Frankly If you are going to rely on batteries as a primary power supply I suggest a deep cycle with an adequate cap bank. Or starting batteries with a very low ESR and a **** load of them..

Frankly 10kw should easily get you 155 on music.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.