Thoughts on the Alpine*SPR-17S

Participant count
  • Participant list

lorideslo
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
If anyone has these, I'd like to know if they're loud, clean, and clear? Also can some one recommend me a amp to power 1 pair of these. Thanks in advance.

Open to suggestions to other 6.5 comps that can handle 100 wrms.

Last edited by a moderator:
the amp has a huge effect on their performance. they are ok. nothing i would run, but i've installed them for people who have been happy. performance is always dictated by installation.

what is the budget for the amp? bridged off an Alpine MRP-F300 they aren't too bad.

they can handle the power and are very tonally accurate/flat (in my opinion, as opposed to other popular alternatives) for speakers in that price range. if you buy them for $150 or less, you can't go wrong.

If you want more suggestions, people will want to know your budget. Pioneer D-series go for about the same price and get positive reviews. They are rated at 60w RMS but I have a hunch they are very underrated.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.