Thoughts on the Eclipse AVN 2454

Participant count
  • Participant list

andru1313

Ok I want to get a new HU for my R32. I have a Premier 940mp. I would like to get something that is double din and fits in the opening. I also like all the stuff that the eclipse has. I have also entertained the Pioneer unit with the nav. I just don't like how bulky it is. If anyone has any opinions on either let me know thanks.

I am also considering this head unit. My other HU in consideration is the Kenwood Excelon DDX7015 combo'd with the DV4100 (navigation unit.) I do like the fact that eclipse has combined the DVD and Nav into one unit (makes for an easier install) but i havent really been able to find any decent reviews on the AVN2454.

Anyone have any imput?

here is my input:

It is an Eclipse originally made for the Japanese market. The few reviews I have seen on the forums are pretty positive. It doesn't have high volt pre outs(the Japanese apparently don't worry about such things), but it is an Eclipse, so I would expect it to be of very nice quality and sound excellent.

i can tell you one thing about the deck, its STRONG AS HELL!!

a guy that comes to my local shop a lot bought one, put it in his grand cherokee. his girl rolled the jeep (she's fine thank god) and the unit was running the whole time. when he got it out of the wrecked vehicle, he brought it back to the shop. they connected it to there sound board, and it started right up, worked perfectly. the LCD screen wasnt damaged in anyway and it read cd's and dvd's flawlessly. we were all amazed that it still worked.

its a great unit, i recommend it (it also has a really nice hi res LCD screen, looks sharper than anything else i've seen).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.