Thumbs Up - XXV-01D

dleccord
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Sacramento
My XXV-01D came in today. One word to describe the unit: Mother (Bleep)!! Damn this unit is sexy. I dont have pics of it installed, but I do have some of it right out of the box. It's a refurb, but I'll be purchasing a 3 year warranty with it. Unit looks clean overall and no scratches, doesn't even looked used.

So far I played around with the slopes and filters. Had it crossed at 100hz because I didn't want to work my Crystals too hard. This is an upgrade from my previous CDA-9831 and it doesn't even compare. Midbass is unbelievable and the tweets are alright. But I havent touched anything. This is on Natural, iirc. So far the tweets just need to be a little brighter but I'm enjoying it:)

Pics:

DSC05311.jpg

DSC05312.jpg

DSC05309.jpg

increase the 'focus' control in the srs wow settings, and you'll be good to go.

it's a cheat, but the eq is incredibly hard to get right, hahaha

good to hear you're enjoying it, i love mine

it's the last refurb on ebay. their store, leathercraft, offers a 3 year warranty for $40, that's awesome aint it? and if they cant replace it or fix it, they'll write me a check of the purchased price. i hope it's legit and they dont go out of business or what not.

Nice buy, dleccord. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif

I'm a bit jealous as I bought mine from Crutchfield and (obviously) paid more for it than you did that refurb but C'est la vie...

Inarguably it is the best Kenwood HU I have ever owned and I've owned more than a few through the years that I have been loyal to them.

The more you get used to it the better you'll like it, I'd wager.

Now that you actually have it you need to change your posting signature and get rid of that Phillips CD player business //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Let us know how long it's been installed before someone asks you where the radio station preset buttons are (since there aren't any)

it's the last refurb on ebay. their store, leathercraft, offers a 3 year warranty for $40, that's awesome aint it? and if they cant replace it or fix it, they'll write me a check of the purchased price. i hope it's legit and they dont go out of business or what not.
Damit i missed out. :C Well congrats, hope u enjoy it.

Edit: I think i found the Warranty ur tlakin about. Saleselectronic is selling 1 aswell and it has that. Its a ebay thing. I just notice the 3 year warranty thing. Good thing i went back and notice that. Its a great warranty especialy since its refurbed. Good find.

im gettin my sometime next week. yeah radio is really a no biggie for me. i use the remote all the time anyways, unless im messing with the eq or something.

thanks to prowler and excelerator. if it wasnt for them, i would have gone with the alpine 9833. not saying it's a bad unit but im not running active anytime soon so it wouldnt do me any good.

prowler is right. 4 bands but there are a load of other eq that comes into play after that.

it's an overall beautiful deck:)

dleccord?

Did it come with a note taped to the top of it explaining in detail how to kill the Demo mode on the display?

If it didn't the method for doing so should be outlined in the manual (I don't have mine handy at the moment or I'd look to see what page that particular bit is on)

The reason that I ask is because the default setting for this specific deck is such that the Demo mode for the display is on as soon as the unit gets power. It's incredibly annoying and personally I have no idea why anyone would want to enable it but to each their own, I suppose.

If the instructional note didn't come taped to the top of the unit as it does if you buy it BNIB like I did...two of them....then make sure you find the instructions in the manual on how to disable it. It truly ***** when it's on //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

nah when i turned on the deck, it was in the stanby mode. when i did my research on this deck, i see a lot of this problem. mine was problem free.

the demo, that i checked in the menu during standy, was off.

Damit i missed out. :C Well congrats, hope u enjoy it.
Edit: I think i found the Warranty ur tlakin about. Saleselectronic is selling 1 aswell and it has that. Its a ebay thing. I just notice the 3 year warranty thing. Good thing i went back and notice that. Its a great warranty especialy since its refurbed. Good find.
you didnt miss out. i thought this was it from them but no. they had more! you're looking at 300 bucks for this thing if you want the $40 warranty. if not, it's around $260(ca taxed).

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kenwood-XXV-01D-AM-FM-CD-MP3-DSP-XXV01D-25-Anniversary_W0QQitemZ140034783442QQihZ004QQcategoryZ39751QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'm glad that you bought the deck. I've been looking at that deck from leathercraft for a while and I just couldn't go through with it w/o knowing that someone else had dealt with them before. Now that I know that you had a good transaction with them, I'm set to buy one.

Congrats on your deck!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.