Time for new components

Ok, Cool. I have found something else though. I found a set of these brand new on craigslist. Diamond Audio D661i 6-1/2" D6 Series 2-way Car Speakers

I know that is is a coax set. But the mids and highs look the same as my D661a component set. So could I buy this set and use the Mid and tweeter on my crossover? The specs on these speakers look the same, just without the crossover. The speakers look iditical. But one says D661 and the other says d661x does that mean there is a built in crossover and it wont work with my component set?

sstumpf- The massive amp is putting out 120 watts per channel RMS, I am running those CK6's on 2 channels not bridged and a pair of JL12w3's with a Massive D3600, and let me tell you the stuff Bangs loud and clear, no distortion real smooth. I had never used them and took a chance, boy am I happy. I just bought the same amps to set up in my S-10 ext cab, I have 2 10" Alpine Type S already and was looking to see if I should get a different set of components for the front. At this point I am probably going to go with the Massives. Their amps are small and seem well crafted, I have been rocking the same set up without touching it for about 4 years, 2 trips to sturgis and not even a hiccup from the amps, I like my music pretty loud (not extreme) and I listen to all sorts of music, from heavy metal to rap to house music and it all sounds good.

Just wanted to give you an option if you cant Find brand new speakers in the price range you are looking for.

I have checked into the CK6's, They look to be a good set. I would only be giving them 75w RMS though. They are rated for 100w, Just like the diamonds that I was running.

I think they would handle it real good, the speakers are good between 55 and 130watts rms, you would have room to pump more power into them and no fear of blowing them. if you have spacing issues in the door, they also have a slim series Massive Audio SK 6 II - Slim Component » Massive Audio that would be more in line with the wattage you are running 40-100watts rms. After I measure my openings I will buy either the CK or the SK.

ok, I will have to measure my openings. These massive's might just work, Just haven't heard much on them. Just want to make sure I am getting a component set with great sound quality. has anyone else used them?

I have been spending my money on stereo equipment since the 80s and the old soundstream amps, high end at the time, with Alpine D drive separates in the 90s into the early 2000's when it was the old PPI stuff I put in my 96 Impala SS which still have rocking the mid end MBQuarts seperates. Now its the Massives and let me tell you they bang with the clarity I enjoy. What got me was that their stuff was not a lot of money, and really good quality materials, both the D class amps and the speakers with absolutely no overheating issues. I now have 5 of their amps. At the price point I think I would be hard pressed to find something like these. Just my opinion. my cars are on http://www.cardomain.com/search/?key=gioss Oh and I just stumbled onto the massive stuff and took a chance buying it, i couldnt be happier.

I have my D662.A components for 6 yrs going and never have I been impressed with the natural crispness of this set. Midbass will be very articulate. Door deadening must be done to really enhance this feature. I did upgrade my tweeters to the HEX aluminum and have been happy with that as well. Power with good, clean amplifier and enjoy. I think these are a great set, if you can find them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.