Tools and Materials?

Firetruck
10+ year member

USA
Hey all, I'm gonna try and swap out 4 speakers in my car and run them all to an amp, while keeping the factory sub, dash tweeters, and HU. My question is if anyone could run me by the tools and materials I'd need to do this, and places to get them. I have an idea of what I'll need but if I'm missing anything, please tell

So all I have is a wire crimper which comes with a wire stripper and cutter (10 gauge and smaller) but thats about it.

If anyone could give me a suggestion for where to get these things:

Speaker wire for 4 speakers at 60 RMS Wattss each, should I go for 14 AWG?

Amp Power wire and ground 4 gauge, around 15 feet

And these are what I need right?

An Ammeter for gains, probably will just buy it off eBay

Then some harnesses for messing with the back of the stock HU? I'll probably ask the 8thcivic forums for specifics..

And a wire stripper/cutter for 4AWG wires, should I get this off eBay too?

But yea, if someone could give me a good website to buy wires, and tell me if I'm missing a tool for the job, thanks!

just use 9 wire to run from amp back to rear of hu then you do not have to run individual wires to each speaker plus it provides the remote to amp

You can use scissors to cut 4 awg wire. Or use a handy dandy carpet cutter knife thing. You can also use either of those to strip the wire.

It's an 08 Civic Si, and by pre-amo signal do you mean a romote wire? I figured I'd just use an accessory wire 'cause apparently the stock HU doesn't have one

It's an 08 Civic Si, and by pre-amo signal do you mean a romote wire? I figured I'd just use an accessory wire 'cause apparently the stock HU doesn't have one
no i mean rca signal

there is a addapter for that

this is 9 wire
41Rc-GRXbML._SL500_AA280_.jpg
you run it to rear of h/u and connect it to factory speaker wire boom your done w all the speaker wire /and remote is in there too

as dar as the rca's go you'll either need a line addapter t-ed into one of the h/u 's output or an intergration addapter

But if I use a 9-wire then that'll cut the wires from the stock sub and dash tweeters, which I'd like to keep wired to my stock HU, seems easier to just get the speakers wired directly to the amp

door panel remover.....that way you don't ruin the finish by jamming screwdrivers under them to pry off the panels and break the plastic clips

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Firetruck

10+ year member
Firetruck
USA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from