Troubleshooting Grand Prix 06 Monsoon

Participant count
  • Participant list
Looking for some help from anyone who might have some good insight!

Car: 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix base Audio: Stock 6-CD Monsoon 9-speaker w/ stock amp & subwoofer

Problem: stereo has power, but radio/audio will not power on.

Description: So this is an issue that has happened a couple of times now. My stereo has a Power button that turns on/off the audio component of the stereo. When turned off, the stereo still lights up, has a clock, and you can eject/insert CDs. Recently, if I press the power button to turn off the audio, the audio turns off; the problem is I cannot get it to turn back on. The last couple of times this happened I was able to get the audio back on by pressing the power button repeatedly for several days while driving. One magic press might turn it on and then I can just leave the audio on and have no issues. This time, my mechanic unfortunately decided to power off my audio and I haven't had any luck getting it back on. I will point out that my chimes work and I can hear static noise in the speakers suggesting there is power. I am about to give up and order a new one but I wanted to see if anyone had any other thoughts before I give up.

What I have checked: RAP and radio amp fuses in the passenger compartment and display fuses in the engine compartment (all good). Pulled the stereo out and checked all connections, looked good to me. Left stereo unplugged for several hours and plugged it back in, no change. At this point I am thinking it is the power button itself that is the issue, but I wonder if it could be a wiring problem or some issue with my ignition that won't allow the radio to power on.

Thanks!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.