True 2500 watt rms for 250 ? anyone

Your gonna pay $3-400 for used 1 of good quality. There Is A Guy On CACO Selling An LM AUDIO Relatively Close To Your Price range.

I would look into the Hifonics Brutus or Elite line. Maybe a little power hungry, but they put out close to rated power. Not sure of the distortion % though. The BRX2400.1 is CEA-2006 Compliant, and the planet audios are not, but I've heard a few people say CEA-Comp. doesn't mean much. Good luck on your search.

are these decent amps the soundstream ? is it worth it
Well that one is used for $289. New they are about $320ish, so would definitely spend the extra in that case. That amp isn't CEA-2006 Compliant, (not sure if it matters), but it does take an external 250A fuse, so not a bad sign. Problem with used is, you don't know if the previous owner was running it within specified ohm load, or really took care of it.
The planet audio takes (3)40amp fuses that are internal... (bb2500.1) Would still go with a HiFonics over Planet Audio.

When you're shopping for an amp with price per advertised watt ratio as your criteria, it will not end well. You will get an amp that performs poorly, will fail prematurely, and will hold little to no resale value (particularly if it blows itself up) when you actually decide to invest in something that works.

This is the reason all these brands pushing cheaply made over-rated Chinese garbage stay in business. Lucky for them there's one born every minute.

Incidentally, what sort of electrical system do you plan to power this 2500W with?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.