Trunk Battery

How bad is voltage dropping? Lights dimming doesn't always mean voltage is dropping at the amp.
You are not pulling 275amps with that amp, so your alt should be able to keep up. I'd look into get the alt checked out. 3-4 runs of 1/0 is silly for the power you have...
i agree

so you ran your power wires under the carpet. WhY didn't u deaden that just curious. And how much did u spend on deadener lol. Also what are u running for a system
i have a cpl hundred in deadner ...just didnt feel the need to deaden it...i focused on where the worst rattle was...i run 2 aq hdc4 12s on a aq 3500.1 ..4 aq pa 6.5s and a pair of aq supertweets on a ppi bk 800.4

i have a cpl hundred in deadner ...just didnt feel the need to deaden it...i focused on where the worst rattle was...i run 2 aq hdc4 12s on a aq 3500.1 ..4 aq pa 6.5s and a pair of aq supertweets on a ppi bk 800.4
oh true.. i have an ANNOYING rattle that sounds like its my back windshield.. i want to slowly buy what i need, and then get it going.. how do you have 4 6.5s? did you make holes in your door skin for em or does yours have backdoor speakers or something. :p

i was thinking of getting those subs.. do they do more then you need?

oh true.. i have an ANNOYING rattle that sounds like its my back windshield.. i want to slowly buy what i need, and then get it going.. how do you have 4 6.5s? did you make holes in your door skin for em or does yours have backdoor speakers or something. :p
i was thinking of getting those subs.. do they do more then you need?
i have the extra set of.6.5 in the back where the stock 6x9s were just for rear fill ..those subs are fvcking monsters ...im barely moving them and they r louudd

i have the extra set of.6.5 in the back where the stock 6x9s were just for rear fill ..those subs are fvcking monsters ...im barely moving them and they r louudd
haha word, well when i upgrade i wanna go with something loud enough i wont have to upgrade again, the sa 12s are loud, but just not loud enough, what are your subs like sq wise? i want loud but something that sounds good at the same time, ill probably start with the battery and go from there. did you run both neg + pos beside eachother through the gromet? on the same side of the car?

just to verify id need 3 runs? how much ft do you think i would need?

haha word, well when i upgrade i wanna go with something loud enough i wont have to upgrade again, the sa 12s are loud, but just not loud enough, what are your subs like sq wise? i want loud but something that sounds good at the same time, ill probably start with the battery and go from there. did you run both neg + pos beside eachother through the gromet? on the same side of the car?just to verify id need 3 runs? how much ft do you think i would need?
they sound pretty good ..very loud ..yes i ran all wire together ..and id.say at least 100'..used to have a pair of sa12s on 2 saz 1000ds ..hit.a 145 on shltty electrical...im miles louder than that now ..i have a couple short vids on here if.u wana check em out

they sound pretty good ..very loud ..yes i ran all wire together ..and id.say at least 100'..used to have a pair of sa12s on 2 saz 1000ds ..hit.a 145 on shltty electrical...im miles louder than that now ..i have a couple short vids on here if.u wana check em out
link it up :p

Just a quick question, to make sure im getting this straight. Right now im pulling about 900 watts on stock alt. with yellowtop and big 3. no voltage drops or head lights dimming. but im planning on wiring it to 1 ohm with 2200 watts. when you say to add more runs of wire, do you mean power wire from batt. to amp? i have 1 run of 4g. OFC, upgrading to 0g before i drop the ohms. should i do 2 runs to a distro. block and a short run of 4g. to the amp? (biggest the amp will fit.) and the same with the ground?

I'm getting a second battery as well as soon as i can afford one

Just a quick question, to make sure im getting this straight. Right now im pulling about 900 watts on stock alt. with yellowtop and big 3. no voltage drops or head lights dimming. but im planning on wiring it to 1 ohm with 2200 watts. when you say to add more runs of wire, do you mean power wire from batt. to amp? i have 1 run of 4g. OFC, upgrading to 0g before i drop the ohms. should i do 2 runs to a distro. block and a short run of 4g. to the amp? (biggest the amp will fit.) and the same with the ground? I'm getting a second battery as well as soon as i can afford one
well they were talking to me about running multiple 0 awg, they were telling me how many to run to another battery in the trunk, so for my future upgrades im thinking ill be doing 4-6 runs, 2 pos runs to pos on battery, and 2 neg runs to neg on battery (intrunk) , 6 runs would be alot. lol

Great thanks. I just had a great idea and called the scrap yard he said he's got a shelf of agm batteries used for 25 each. U think its a good way to go if I went and picked two up for my Trunk? What would I look for the best ah rating? And does it matter If they match.
Thanks so much!
ur taking a prety big chance even at 25 bux ...u can by 2 that match and have them load tested at auto zone oreilleys places like that

ur taking a prety big chance even at 25 bux ...u can by 2 that match and have them load tested at auto zone oreilleys places like that
would'nt they be able to check them there? or no and What would I look for the best ah rating? And does it matter If they match.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.