Trunk build

BlurredVision
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
So I was in a pretty bad wreck. Girlfriend and I lived. Most of my stereo equipment survived. I've always been a SUV guy, but my rental car has shown me a new world. One were 1 tank can last 2 weeks. I'm getting a car. Most likely a local honda accord. What are the best builds to get bass out of the trunk? I read up on ported thru the deck and ski hole. I know the trunk needs to be sealed off also. I'm not pass trying a 4th ported into the cabin. I can't build thru, No supplies, space or skills. Another question, any Team Nemesis guys here?

For daily as long as the seats fold down don't seal off just fire subs and port toward the back bumper or subs up and port to the side.

Okay, so revisiting this. Just came from the shop and they told me that sealing the subs the from the back and firing forward doesn't have the same performance and seats down subs facing trunk. Anybody tried both? I don't want to always have my seats down and prefer to just open the ski hole

So I was in a pretty bad wreck. Girlfriend and I lived. Most of my stereo equipment survived. I've always been a SUV guy, but my rental car has shown me a new world. One were 1 tank can last 2 weeks. I'm getting a car. Most likely a local honda accord. What are the best builds to get bass out of the trunk? I read up on ported thru the deck and ski hole. I know the trunk needs to be sealed off also. I'm not pass trying a 4th ported into the cabin. I can't build thru, No supplies, space or skills. Another question, any Team Nemesis guys here?
High mileage vehicle, eh? Cool! :)

I wanna get an all electric vehicle! Infinite MPG!! :)

John Kuthe...

Okay, so revisiting this. Just came from the shop and they told me that sealing the subs the from the back and firing forward doesn't have the same performance and seats down subs facing trunk. Anybody tried both? I don't want to always have my seats down and prefer to just open the ski hole
There's no exact answer to this, every vehicle is different. You have to play with the positioning of the box to see. With that said, sealing off from the trunk and firing into the cabin is a lot of work and you could pull it off running a center port through the skihole but it would yield better results with the seats down. Firing at the rear of the trunk works very well but again will diminish output with the seats up.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

dont do that do yourself Get a hatchback. Best of both worlds. Fk trunks. A volkswagen GTI or mazda speed 3 or mazda 6 hatch, mazda protoge5 or ford focus or honda fit or subaru WRX, Scion XB all can save gas and get loud. If you want a new car, the 2017 civic hatchback is a super gas saver and is definitely a bass capable car.

Going back to trunks is like shooting your d*ck off when it comes to bass.

I've done both in the same car with the same equipment and metered it because I to wanted to know which was better as far as spl only 1 to 2 DB differance with subs forward trunk sealed the bass was tight and clean and with them facing rear and the seat down pretty much the same spl but it produced loose and sloppy bass and holy all them rattles ( no thanks) the same box subs amps and exact same settings were used both ways and in several other alignments as well oh ya subs back seat up almost 30 DB drop in output if anyone cares

SA 12-D4 x2 Old School PPI amps & 31 eq, Pioneer HU, Focal fronts, Mechman, 4/0 & 1/0 everywhere,Interstate batt x3 6cuft 28Hz

heres mine (Accord sedan). i took the rear deck speakers out. it sounds fine and shakes my entire car with ease. i listen to everything from Mozart to Slayer to Bass Mekanik to Miles Davis to Deadmau5 to Robert Johnson. it does it all

Sub_Trunk.jpg

My woofer in the truck is crippled by a lack of transfer in pressure. Seats up its weak. No joke.. Seats down its low 140s maybe 143 sub in the back seat its mid to high 140s..

Literally the pressure is getting trapped in the trunk. I hate it.. My alt is about to commit suicide like its working for Hillary. Lol..

Needless to say **** a trunk. Loosing free DBsssss!

> shooting your d*ck off> 157.4 sealed on dash from a mazda 3 trunk build

I said bass not burps. If you wanna compare burp scores the hatch and suv equvalent are miles louder. Not to mention hatch and SUVs require much less rattle treatment. Overall basshead life is 10x better with a hatch/suv

9cb8653bf0b2b1f9ddb844ab683c2f36.jpg

Mine. 90% sealed off. All of the back deck covered in deadener anda bunch of expanding foam between the metal and the plastic back deck cover. You cant see it but that back deck is now chemically bonded to the metal. So no air escaping that wall.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.