Tuning for a Civic??

mendon mafia
10+ year member

`94 caprice, 15" Fi BTL
Im about to install and build a custom box for my friends 04 civic si. he is installing my old phoenix gold 15.0:1 and my pair of brand new 12" VQ's.

what tuning should it do his box for? i was thinking 37 hz because his car is so small and cabin gain should be crazy around the lower frequencies anyways but im not entirely sure on this.

any reccomendations will be helpful. thanks.

its not for comps its for daily 52 hz seems retartedly high to tune a daily box. also its not a hatch its a trunked civic si. subs and port facing back.

its not for comps its for daily 52 hz seems retartedly high to tune a daily box. also its not a hatch its a trunked civic si. subs and port facing back.
then what you're asking is silly. why learn the sweet spot if your not gonna tune that high? if you want to tune to 37Hz, tune to 37Hz. just know you can get louder if you tuned higher

its just your title is misleading and your thread is not specific. from what it sounds like it just seems you want to get loud, so people answered your question to the best of their ability. nobody knew you were trying to get the lows.

well idk maybe its an 03 then its the newer style. im all good on this tho im gonna do 33 hz. ill take some pics of the build when i start on firday night.

What would be good dimension for a 1.7 cubic foot to 2 cubic foot box slot ported at about 35hz for a Kicker CVX 12" and it also will ahve ina 2004 honda civic. (a bigger box doesnt always mean louder does it?)

Or what ever the Freq, must be for LOUD hard low hitting bass, i dont mind some high end bass aswell i want it to sound good not only just beat the crap out of my trunk.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.